Register Now
killamch89

Brazil Launches Inquiry & Begins Process To Ban & Illegalize Loot Boxes

Last I heard about Brazil's gaming scene it was difficult for all parties involved to break into, but when the country generates over a billion USD in revenue from this industry, I have to wonder if they're going to lose a significant amount by banning loot boxes. Perhaps this is going to be the first step to Brazil embracing video games better than it had before? Still, kudos to them all the same! ^^

Edited by Withywarlock

1 hour ago, Withywarlock said:

Last I heard about Brazil's gaming scene it was difficult for all parties involved to break into, but when the country generates over a billion USD in revenue from this industry, I have to wonder if they're going to lose a significant amount by banning loot boxes. Perhaps this is going to be the first step to Brazil embracing video games better than it had before? Still, kudos to them all the same! ^^

I think this is to address lootboxes in triple A videogames and not necessarily the ones in slot machines as those are already under some type of regulation if I remember correctly. I just hope other countries like Belgium start speeding up the process to handle lootboxes.

Thing is when players defend lootboxes themselves and even deny that there are slowly but surely legal movements to ban them. In Germany there are many player communities that stand on stubborn and even report one when you raise the topic. It goes without saying that there are many soccer fans here in Brazil, and many people, many children, play Fifa. They are all succeptible to those gambling schemes.

Well, whatever happens it just will.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:19 AM, Empire said:

Thing is when players defend lootboxes themselves and even deny that there are slowly but surely legal movements to ban them. In Germany there are many player communities that stand on stubborn and even report one when you raise the topic. It goes without saying that there are many soccer fans here in Brazil, and many people, many children, play Fifa. They are all succeptible to those gambling schemes.

Well, whatever happens it just will.

The thing is addicts never usually are aware that they're addicted to something until they try to quit the habit and usually, most just give in. I see some gamers defend spending $7000 on MMOs and I was always thought they were stupid which they are but addictions are a serious issue.

On 4/11/2021 at 11:40 PM, skyfire said:

It is necessary to ban them considering they make people spend too much and designed such way that they would never give them the loot. 

My sentiment exactly. It's always some BS percentage like 0.0000687% chance you'll win that item you so desperately want.

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah the industry related to the gaming needs to be filtered and regulated. Something like that is not done as of now but who knows future this could be done and things would properly move ahead. 

I think most countries should hope on this train and regulate loot boxes because they're a problem especially for young, naïve kids.