Register Now
killamch89

Microsoft Surface Laptop Go Review

The product would be good, if they bumped off the bottom eMMC/4GB model and moved the middle and high end SKUs down one notch. The 8GB/256GB model has no business costing nearly the same as the M1 Macbook Air with the same. Yet for students out there, especially those with light programming (or heavier), wont recommend the base model, go for 8gb/256gb model instead, however, there re a lot of laptops which cheaper and better.

17 hours ago, Empire said:

The product would be good, if they bumped off the bottom eMMC/4GB model and moved the middle and high end SKUs down one notch. The 8GB/256GB model has no business costing nearly the same as the M1 Macbook Air with the same. Yet for students out there, especially those with light programming (or heavier), wont recommend the base model, go for 8gb/256gb model instead, however, there re a lot of laptops which cheaper and better.

Its premium make meant for limited people in the market. it is as expensive as macbook pro. and so I think there are few people for this. 

On 4/11/2021 at 11:50 PM, skyfire said:

Its premium make meant for limited people in the market. it is as expensive as macbook pro. and so I think there are few people for this. 

The funny thing is the Macbook Pro is a far better offering in terms of price to performance currently. It's funny how things have changed in the last few years...

Yeah in terms of the life span of the apple product, they have won the match already plenty of times and it just continues to amaze me despite the jobs departure the brand continues to stay strong. 

Back in the day I almost purchased a Microsoft Surface but decided not to. It is really cool to see the progress they have made over the past few years. So you guys are saying that this is not good if I want to play games on it though?

On 5/13/2021 at 9:34 PM, lludawg said:

Back in the day I almost purchased a Microsoft Surface but decided not to. It is really cool to see the progress they have made over the past few years. So you guys are saying that this is not good if I want to play games on it though?

In the long run I don't see it is worth it considering RAM vs the windows payload is just not something worth it. It's not mac for a reason.