Register Now
killamch89

The Chronicles Of Riddick

Does anyone remember this game? It was based on the movie of the same name but it was a pretty loose adaptation. It had awesome first-person animations for melee combat as well using weapons or doing other stuff and came out on the original Xbox. 

I wish they could continue the franchise and also come up with more movie and game combination. I kind of miss how the series was and it was kind of worth waiting for this character in last movie too. as for game I'd say it does not match up to the franchise expectations but it was decent. 

I loved this game, the hacks at machinegames actually stole every good idea they put in wolfenstein the new order from this game. Some of the peps at machinegames used to work at Starbreeze studio that developed this game.

On 4/16/2021 at 10:05 PM, killamch89 said:

It was based on the movie of the same name but it was a pretty loose adaptation.

It was actually a very faithful adaptation, it is a prequel to Pitch Black telling the story of how riddick got his eyes and how he escaped from the most secure prison ever.

Edited by m76

On 4/23/2021 at 3:24 PM, m76 said:

It was actually a very faithful adaptation, it is a prequel to Pitch Black telling the story of how riddick got his eyes and how he escaped from the most secure prison ever.

My bad, It was a prequel. The irony of this is that the second movie in particular was pretty horrible - I have yet to see a great movie make a great video game.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

My bad, It was a prequel. The irony of this is that the second movie in particular was pretty horrible - I have yet to see a great movie make a great video game.

I actually loved the second movie, especially  the directors cut. It reminds me  abit of David Lynch's Dune. The third movie however was utter garbage and it killed the franchise.

Old days right, did now know about this game till it was to late and already to old. The part with the dwellers was far more horrifying than most horror games I've played. It made you feel so lost and like you had to move with such urgency.

On 4/25/2021 at 8:00 AM, killamch89 said:

I would say AVP 1st one and the game both kind of were good. AVP 2 however was horrible movie and predator which was recently released was also poor. 

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

I would say AVP 1st one and the game both kind of were good. AVP 2 however was horrible movie and predator which was recently released was also poor. 

Actually, the AVP movies we alright and I did really enjoy the first one. The games were pretty lacklustre though.