Register Now
lludawg

Do you adjust your brightness to night mode?

On 5/6/2021 at 5:57 PM, lludawg said:

I've set my PC to turn on night mode at 1am because lately I have been staying up studying and the night mode tint makes it easier on my eyes. However, exams are over and now I am gaming at that time instead. I realized that I cannot game with night mode on as it affects my play.

I'm wondering if any of you use some sort of late night "night mode" and can still game with it on. Or do you just skip having a night mode altogether?

My eyes are too sensitive to lights, so my PC and even other electronics devices goes to low brightness as their default lighting because once the screen light is too bright, it strains my eyes and give me headaches. 

19 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Redshift is another good app that I tested on linux recently. 

http://jonls.dk/redshift/

Wow - this looks nice. For the application to automatically adjust the system's brightness with one's surroundings is quite interesting and less stressful to use. Manual adjustment is not fun at all. 

Edited by Heatman

I don't bother on my laptop but I do use the night mode feature on my phone. I have it set up so that it automatically turns on and off at a particular time. It's just a lot easier than having to manually turn it on/off.

3 hours ago, Darth said:

I don't bother on my laptop but I do use the night mode feature on my phone. I have it set up so that it automatically turns on and off at a particular time. It's just a lot easier than having to manually turn it on/off.

Seriously - for my smartphone, the brightest is set to almost negative because I really hate how it affects my eyes 👀