Register Now
lludawg

Do you adjust your brightness to night mode?

9 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Thanks for the information @skyfire, that's a reasonable one to reduce the limelight it colourful light of the video game via PC from damaging the sight. 

It is actually a very credible information because it helped me so much when I was trying to work my PC display control.

On 12/9/2021 at 8:07 AM, Head_Hunter said:

They applied such changes unannounced? I didn't know that their is no cross play between Android and Windows. 

They always make that happen because it's one of the ways they get to make more money from both users. 

I use the night light setting in Windows 10. It makes your screen a tint of orange so that it better protects your eyes from the blue light that screens are known to omit. I have it on my Ubuntu laptop as well. I look at screens all day, so I kinda need to have it toned down a bit. 

I have a chrome extension called Dark Reader that makes every site into a night mode/dark mode. It can be annoying sometimes though, because some sites have their own night mode setting, and sometimes those are better. But it is better than looking at bright screens. Only downside is that it can sometimes cause issues with reading text, so you may have to turn it off for some sites. But I'd recommend it. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

They always make that happen because it's one of the ways they get to make more money from both users. 

Hmm, their is nothing much this video game companies wouldn't use to make money for themselves. I'm simply fade up with their weird decisions at times. 

On 12/12/2021 at 12:49 AM, Kane99 said:

I use the night light setting in Windows 10. It makes your screen a tint of orange so that it better protects your eyes from the blue light that screens are known to omit. I have it on my Ubuntu laptop as well. I look at screens all day, so I kinda need to have it toned down a bit. 

I have a chrome extension called Dark Reader that makes every site into a night mode/dark mode. It can be annoying sometimes though, because some sites have their own night mode setting, and sometimes those are better. But it is better than looking at bright screens. Only downside is that it can sometimes cause issues with reading text, so you may have to turn it off for some sites. But I'd recommend it. 

That's actually why I really love making use of Google for some of my online stuff because of the several file extensions that can be installed to make life easier for you. 

On 12/9/2021 at 4:28 PM, Heatman said:

I have used this tutorial for my system and it works like a charm for me. I highly recommend it too for others. 

I hope they do keep the light related settings in windows 11 too. I mean it's not optional anymore. 

2 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I hope they do keep the light related settings in windows 11 too. I mean it's not optional anymore. 

Yeah, hopefully they are going to keep it because I'm very sure that they have received a good ton of reviews on its importance for users. 

On 12/16/2021 at 8:18 PM, skyfire said:

Yes WIndows 11 seems to be going through many removed changes and bringing them back in some way. So yeah hopefully feature stays. 

I wouldn't expect anything less with their updates and it's why they would always keep maintaining their customer base.