Register Now
killamch89

Apple vs Epic: So much juicy information being brought to light

In the Epic vs Apple court hearing, I honestly don't care who wins because it's one greedy multi-billion dollar company suing another over rights to the other's platform (which makes no sense). However, the bits of information that's starting to be leaked by both sides have started to really show the extent of the rot, corruption, incompetence. and greed in the gaming industry. For instance, we learned that Ubisoft's games is a haven for hackers which demonstrates that their platform lacks security. Other interesting info has come out about both sides as well but it's too much to cover. However, here's a somewhat brief summary of all the latest on the case.

Just now, Shagger said:

All I care to say is that there will be more lawyers in this case from both sides then there was people in total in court over the O.J Simpson murder trial, and that's the level of petty this is. 

I agree but what is really interesting about this case, is that 3 days in and already we start to learn about Sony's greed (Epic leaks), Ubisoft's lack of security (Epic leaks as well), Epic revealed that Apple had planned to drop App developer fees once they were a billion dollar company but now they're multi-billionaires and still no change. Apple also revealed that Epic was paying something like $63,000 upwards for exclusivity to some games that they gave away for free. This trial is set to go on for at least a year but it seems everyone is being drawn into this battle.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

I agree but what is really interesting about this case, is that 3 days in and already we start to learn about Sony's greed (Epic leaks), Ubisoft's lack of security (Epic leaks as well), Epic revealed that Apple had planned to drop App developer fees once they were a billion dollar company but now they're multi-billionaires and still no change. Apple also revealed that Epic was paying something like $63,000 upwards for exclusivity to some games that they gave away for free. This trial is set to go on for at least a year but it seems everyone is being drawn into this battle.

There's no reason to go that far into my choice of case, I just picked the first well known court case that came to mind to set up the joke. A joke got.

So, to take the topic seriously, I can't actually get invested in a contest of "which ass hole wins", so i make jokes instead. I do what I do.

please send letters of complaint to shagger@EXTREMELY_HOTmail.fuckcares.

On 5/9/2021 at 11:43 AM, skyfire said:

I hope while they are fighting someone takes the topic of the lootboxes and gambling and punish both these companies to set an example in front of EA. 

Actually, I'm hoping they continue to leak more info about other gaming company's practices so we know what they're really up to.

What is also kind of important for this case, EU commission preliminary review of Apple’s practice which found Apple as abusing dominant position (was published last Friday). Commission’s decision may do a great impact on the judge and even if apple would win this case - they will have a hell of a time next couple of years with US antitrust departments 😃

8 hours ago, Empire said:

What is also kind of important for this case, EU commission preliminary review of Apple’s practice which found Apple as abusing dominant position (was published last Friday). Commission’s decision may do a great impact on the judge and even if apple would win this case - they will have a hell of a time next couple of years with US antitrust departments 😃

We also learned that Apple was hacked a few years ago which is somewhat big news because they never wanted this to go public. All these sheep believed for years that Apple can't be hacked...

Just an update, this back and forth between Apple and Epic is basically going in circles. The judges do seem to be siding with Epic on certain things which I have to agree with. Here's an update video posted down below:

The thing is that the issue is how the chinese brands fight on equality on other soils but in front of CCP they don't allow other brands to thrive. I think alibaba owner made this point and for which he got threats from CCP too.