Register Now
killamch89

Weirdest Food Combination You Ever Tried

One day when I was a teen, I was so hungry but there was no food in the house except some peanut butter, cheese and bread and I ended up making a sandwich out of all 3. I remember telling myself that it didn't taste so bad and from what I can recall, it wasn't. What bizarre food combinations have you ever tried?

I actually did try this triple fired egg sandwich with chilli sauce and chutney described in this Red Dwarf sketch ones and it was genuinely the strangest culinary experience of my life. My feet got hot, literally.

On 5/16/2021 at 4:23 PM, The Blackangel said:

Chicken noodle, bbq bean, cole slaw soup.

Don't ask.

This would be like another variation of a vegetable and noodle soup though...

On 5/16/2021 at 4:30 PM, Shagger said:

I actually did try this triple fired egg sandwich with chilli sauce and chutney described in this Red Dwarf sketch ones and it was genuinely the strangest culinary experience of my life. My feet got hot, literally.

I can only imagine! Honestly, I heard about these wings in California that you have to sign a waiver before you can eat them because they're so hot. I do tend to like my food with a bit of extremely hot pepper.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I can only imagine! Honestly, I heard about these wings in California that you have to sign a waiver before you can eat them because they're so hot. I do tend to like my food with a bit of extremely hot pepper.

They featured them on an episode of Man vs Food. They were coated in sauce that was made with the hottest capsaicin from the hottest peppers available all the way up to the ghost pepper. Personally, something I like is Habanero chips with ghost pepper salsa.

Or cut out the middle man and just give me a bunch if raw jalapeños and habaneros.

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

They featured them on an episode of Man vs Food. They were coated in sauce that was made with the hottest capsaicin from the hottest peppers available all the way up to the ghost pepper. Personally, something I like is Habanero chips with ghost pepper salsa.

Or cut out the middle man and just give me a bunch if raw jalapeños and habaneros.

I once tried a few raw jalapenos and it wasn't really bad. It's just that my friend in Cali spoke about those wings and any form of chicken dish tends to have my attention so when I visit, I'll definitely have to try it. That being said, the bathroom trip afterwards won't be a pleasant one 🤣🤣

I wouldn't recommend trying them without years of "spice training" first, or you could end up hospitalized. you need to make it a daily habit to eat as much of the hottest spice you can stand, and gradually work your way up the scoville scale. If you just jump into those wings, you will damage your esophagus, stomach, stomach lining, intestines, and colon just to name a few. Many of which won't be able to be fixed. Some people think spice is no big thing, but it can get lethal. The Carolina Reaper is deadly with one bite, even if you spit it out and don't swallow it for a lot of people.

23 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I wouldn't recommend trying them without years of "spice training" first, or you could end up hospitalized. you need to make it a daily habit to eat as much of the hottest spice you can stand, and gradually work your way up the scoville scale. If you just jump into those wings, you will damage your esophagus, stomach, stomach lining, intestines, and colon just to name a few. Many of which won't be able to be fixed. Some people think spice is no big thing, but it can get lethal. The Carolina Reaper is deadly with one bite, even if you spit it out and don't swallow it for a lot of people.

Thanks for the tips and I have heard of the infamous Carolina Reaper before - I wonder what the story was behind that pepper. 

On 5/21/2021 at 7:39 PM, killamch89 said:

Thanks for the tips and I have heard of the infamous Carolina Reaper before - I wonder what the story was behind that pepper. 

It’s a hybrid that was created to compete for the world record for the hottest pepper in existence. They have some kind of equipment that tests the strength of the capsaicin in a pepper, and for the past several years it has held the record. At the moment, the hottest peppers I’m able to eat straight are habaneros. I do like ghost pepper salsa though. So I’m working my way up. But I’ve been on habaneros for a few decades, so it’s an extremely slow process. 

On 5/22/2021 at 8:36 PM, The Blackangel said:

It’s a hybrid that was created to compete for the world record for the hottest pepper in existence. They have some kind of equipment that tests the strength of the capsaicin in a pepper, and for the past several years it has held the record. At the moment, the hottest peppers I’m able to eat straight are habaneros. I do like ghost pepper salsa though. So I’m working my way up. But I’ve been on habaneros for a few decades, so it’s an extremely slow process. 

It seems I need to start building up my tolerance as well - speaking off, I'm in the mood to make some spicy noodles with habaneros. I think I'll do that one tomorrow...

15 hours ago, Empire said:

pasta and ice cream. seriously, get some al dente penne and throw that shit in some homemade vanilla from blue bell. it'll change your world.

Germans always tend to have some weird meals lol. I'm definitely not having that either - it's like the biggest mindblower. You see ice cream, you taste spaghetti and meat - that's just messed up.