Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most unique MMOs?

1. Age Of Wushu - apart from the different fighting styles, the general movement and agility of the characters felt like you were in a Kung-Fu movie.
  2. Champions Online - you can create your superhero and equip them with whatever powers you like and character customization is nearly unlimited.
  3. Eden Eternal - you can play as any class of fighter instead of being permanently tied to one class of your choosing.

Not the most original, but Mabinogi was a game I really enjoyed years ago before it really started declining. Despite having a tab-target combat system at its core, the combat wasn't simply rolling your fingers across the keyboard until something dies like some games (looking at you, basically every WoW clone). Even a basic attack interrupted whatever the enemy was doing and all these skills had different interactions or counters, which to me made it one of the few MMO's I've legitimately enjoyed PvP in.

On 5/17/2021 at 6:41 AM, Empire said:

Not the most original, but Mabinogi was a game I really enjoyed years ago before it really started declining. Despite having a tab-target combat system at its core, the combat wasn't simply rolling your fingers across the keyboard until something dies like some games (looking at you, basically every WoW clone). Even a basic attack interrupted whatever the enemy was doing and all these skills had different interactions or counters, which to me made it one of the few MMO's I've legitimately enjoyed PvP in.

I used to play Mabinogi back in the days as well when it was apart of Nexon. I loved the game too because it had somewhat of cartoony styling and it had lots of customization. I had heard they were planning on a sequel but then everything kinda went dark after.

On 5/17/2021 at 2:24 AM, killamch89 said:
  1. Age Of Wushu - apart from the different fighting styles, the general movement and agility of the characters felt like you were in a Kung-Fu movie.
  2. Champions Online - you can create your superhero and equip them with whatever powers you like and character customization is nearly unlimited.
  3. Eden Eternal - you can play as any class of fighter instead of being permanently tied to one class of your choosing.

Age Of Wushu is definitely a good one to pick out because it stood out distinctly when you look at how how the gaming is done.