Register Now
killamch89

Outriders loses 93% Of Steam Players Due To Bugs And Stingy Awards

In today's edition of I'm not really surprised, the writing was on the wall, I remembered saying that this game was going to go the same route of games like Anthem because of a tone-deaf Development team and low and behold, players have abandoned the game. What are your thoughts about this?

At this point I think the question is not "when will companies learn?" but rather "when we as consumers learn?" I find it fascinating that everytime a looter shooter/life service mmo or whatever the hell is that they try and do everyone instantly jumps into it and buy it day one despite the fact that the track record for all those kind of games is pretty poor. It's our fault as consumers that these games still exist, we deserve the industry we have just because we don't change our consuming practices, Crazy how a game with so much hype and excitement around it turned out to be a mess *looks at CP2077*.

11 hours ago, m76 said:

I think this game was thrash to begin with. Crap graphics, basic linear maps with artificial barriers, trigger based uninteractive gameplay. And some of the most atrociously bad dialogue and cutscenes known to man.

This. I was going thinking about it for a bit but then I decided against it when the game was launched and I saw all the bad reviews on Steam and from reputable gaming sites.

11 hours ago, Empire said:

At this point I think the question is not "when will companies learn?" but rather "when we as consumers learn?" I find it fascinating that everytime a looter shooter/life service mmo or whatever the hell is that they try and do everyone instantly jumps into it and buy it day one despite the fact that the track record for all those kind of games is pretty poor. It's our fault as consumers that these games still exist, we deserve the industry we have just because we don't change our consuming practices, Crazy how a game with so much hype and excitement around it turned out to be a mess *looks at CP2077*.

It's true that we as companies tend to make companies get away with all kinds of crap and we will readily spend our money with them again thinking the next experience will be any different.