Jump to content
Register Now
skyfire

Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is absolutely the best way to describe what these gaming companies are all about now. They are over 90% in for the money and 10% for users satisfaction. 

The math is all wrong - I think you mean 99% money and 0.9% shareholders and 0.1% user satisfaction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is absolutely the best way to describe what these gaming companies are all about now. They are over 90% in for the money and 10% for users satisfaction. 

The rest companies which are still in making good games, will eventually turn into the same. That's a cyclic process and it will happen for every company once they get enough fanbase. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

The rest companies which are still in making good games, will eventually turn into the same. That's a cyclic process and it will happen for every company once they get enough fanbase. 

Yeah - it actually looks like it but I'm not praying for them all to still follow the same pattern. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it actually looks like it but I'm not praying for them all to still follow the same pattern. 

No body will wish them to be next EA. But that is what the trend is for some time. The games will keep on coming and going, but the business has become the prime focus for them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

No body will wish them to be next EA. But that is what the trend is for some time. The games will keep on coming and going, but the business has become the prime focus for them. 

Yeah - if they follow the path of EA immediately, it's definitely not going to end well for them because EA is well known now to do as they like. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - if they follow the path of EA immediately, it's definitely not going to end well for them because EA is well known now to do as they like. 

Once they are at that top of the hierarchy, they don't care if anybody likes or not. There are examples where they try to trick with the gamers and gain profit out of their loyal fanbase. Which is not ethical at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Once they are at that top of the hierarchy, they don't care if anybody likes or not. There are examples where they try to trick with the gamers and gain profit out of their loyal fanbase. Which is not ethical at all. 

Yeah - it's what most of us gamers are afraid of with the situations of new gaming companies. If they hang on for a while before drifting, it's going to be beneficial to all of us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2021 at 4:44 AM, skyfire said:

I doubt shareholders would be taking that low. lol. 

They are the one to be appeased and not the users who get. 

They only cater to the shareholders somewhat because they are a vital part of the company. Otherwise, they'd treat them like us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah users can be manipulated with information, today media is pretty much controlling gamers through these IGN like places. They can attack any studio with such games and so if there is money from shareholders attack becomes easier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah users can be manipulated with information, today media is pretty much controlling gamers through these IGN like places. They can attack any studio with such games and so if there is money from shareholders attack becomes easier. 

Correct words. Money is power now a days. Since shareholders will do everything to manipulate things, they have lots of cash to spend on for that motive. IGN and other gaming forums are easily manipulated with some money and fake users. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Razor1911 said:

Correct words. Money is power now a days. Since shareholders will do everything to manipulate things, they have lots of cash to spend on for that motive. IGN and other gaming forums are easily manipulated with some money and fake users. 

Exactly - it's the nature of things right now and there is absolutely no need fight against it because I don't think it's going to be changing soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 10:23 PM, Heatman said:

Exactly - it's the nature of things right now and there is absolutely no need fight against it because I don't think it's going to be changing soon. 

I don't know or remember any practical manipulation of video games that I heard of, but I remember some anime series list were manipulated by MAL website, there were too many fake votes for that. Surely, in gaming also such thing happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2021 at 3:16 AM, Razor1911 said:

I am very astonished to see 9 out of 10 rating in steam. Though I don't really like this kind of game, But those who like, are truly loving it. It's more like a gothic horror game.

Most games where you get to explore seems to have good rating especially when it's teens related like Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...