Register Now
killamch89

This Has Not Been A Good Month For Ubisoft

First, there were the leaks from the Apple vs Epic case where Apple made it known that Ubisoft's security systems weren't safe because they had a 70% hack rate, then they announce that they'll be concentrating more on F2P games and now "Hold Ubisoft Accountable" trends on social media as a report exposes minimal changes to abusive work environment. Some of the things in that report are absolutely sickening. What are your thoughts on this?

Interesting strategy from Ubisoft to take a live service approach to employee protections. Maybe they could use loot boxes for their harassment reporting system I think that sounds like it would be more effective for holding executives responsible.

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

I wonder if they create the probe and make the micro transactions not usable anymore. I think it would be interesting to see those changes happening eventually if the companies are pressured. 

If countries step in, most of these companies wouldn't survive because it's those underhanded transactions that keep them afloat so once microtransactions are declared illegal or gambling, I fully expect most companies to go completely under.

On 5/23/2021 at 10:48 PM, killamch89 said:

First, there were the leaks from the Apple vs Epic case where Apple made it known that Ubisoft's security systems weren't safe because they had a 70% hack rate, then they announce that they'll be concentrating more on F2P games and now "Hold Ubisoft Accountable" trends on social media as a report exposes minimal changes to abusive work environment. Some of the things in that report are absolutely sickening. What are your thoughts on this?

When have Ubisoft and EA ever given we gamers a breather with what they have been doing to us for years now? I think they deserve what's getting to them.