Register Now
killamch89

Would you want to permanently feel zero pain if given the chance?

This one is a very tricky one and here's why, the thing is, pain is made as a way for your body to tell you that something is wrong and it needs to be addressed immediately. Without it, you'd die faster. However, my answer is it depends - if we're talking emotional pain, I'd never want to feel that but bodily pain has its purpose so I'd be fine with it. What are your thoughts on this?

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I have a dangerously high pain tolerance as it is, so this one is kinda moot for me. To give you an example, I broke my collar bone when I came off a bull (yes I was a bull rider) when I was 16 and didn't know it for over a week.

Kind of the same here - I once got stabbed in the back in a fight in high school and didn't even know a knife was there until someone showed me in a glass. I never felt and thing and I didn't even notice the blood and even after I was like well let me go find a hospital.

I think pain is an important alert that something is wrong. I like to spend a bit of time and energy to consider all of the implications of my pain. What is the apparent cause and could there be other causes? Is there a psychological component? Have I had past occupancies or escalating occupances with this or related pain? Is there something that I did today or do habitually that contributes to the occupances or level of pain. Is it likely that medical attention from a nurse or Dr could be needed or is it something that I have the knowledge and tools to change, myself? Pain is a problem if we learn to fear it rather than appreciate it for the health tool that it is.