Register Now
killamch89

What animal or insect do you wish humans could eradicate?

To be honest, I love most insects and animals but ticks always annoyed me because I don't know what purpose they serve to anything. There have been no proven benefits of ticks either so I'd get rid of them if I had the chance. What's your pick and why?

Mosquitoes because they're a pain in the ass and they do not fill an ecological niche (besides spreading malaria and yellow fever) so there wouldn't be any negative impact of their disappearance

Some ecologists will say that despite spreading disease, parasites such as ticks and mosquitoes are an important part of the ecosystem, as they are a food source for things such as birds.

You know, I've seen birds eat a lot of things, but I've never seen one swoop down to catch a mosquito or pick a tick off of a dog.

Speaking of dogs, fleas are another one to eradicate.

Basically eradiate anything that is just a pure parasite and does absolutely nothing else aside from spreading disease. This would be genocide that I would fully support.

5 hours ago, Empire said:

Mosquitoes because they're a pain in the ass and they do not fill an ecological niche (besides spreading malaria and yellow fever) so there wouldn't be any negative impact of their disappearance

I don't know, I think lizards and frogs feed on mosquitoes when those vampires are in full mayhem, which in return birds, rats, and snakes feed on the lizards and frogs. 

3 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think the human animal should be eradicated. Not for political or racial reasons or done in any murderous way. But because of parasitic reasons, nature needs to eradicate us. 

And no, I'm not against protecting oneself and others in a pandemic. I'm talking of mass extinction of humans by a cataclysmic event out of our control. I don't think a virus will eradicate every human. There shouldn't be any of us left standing. Completely wiped out like the dinosaurs.  

18 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It’s a toss up between ticks and mosquitoes for me. The only thing they actually do is spread diseases. Even though ticks are arachnids not insects.

I can’t think of any animals I would get rid of. I love them all.

I don't quite remember what it was but I did watch some discovery program citing the importance of Mosquitoes. I just don't remember what it was named but mosquitoes do serve a purpose to the ecosystem. Ticks on the other hand...