Register Now
Patrik

Personal conclusion about GTA IV & V

After thinking, i found out that having 3 characters as protagonists/main characters isn't actually a unique thing or new that happened first in GTA V, if you are aware of GTA IV, you actually play as Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz and Luis Lopez, except that you don't do that at once, but they are all a part of a big storyline and all of their own storylines are forming a  single storyline (except you see it from different POV's), the same happens in GTA V except you are playing as all characters at the same time and together almost the whole time (when in GTA IV you have to load the DLC's to choose the main character and you get the chance to work with other protagonists sometimes, Niko and Johnny working for Elizabeth)

What do you think?

I mean yeah it's like you are given options that aren't really options to begin with. I think most of the GTA games had such storylines from multiple perspectives, but it was only GTA V that let you play most of them out.

On 6/5/2021 at 6:37 PM, Patrik said:

After thinking, i found out that having 3 characters as protagonists/main characters isn't actually a unique thing or new that happened first in GTA V, if you are aware of GTA IV, you actually play as Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz and Luis Lopez, except that you don't do that at once, but they are all a part of a big storyline and all of their own storylines are forming a  single storyline (except you see it from different POV's), the same happens in GTA V except you are playing as all characters at the same time and together almost the whole time (when in GTA IV you have to load the DLC's to choose the main character and you get the chance to work with other protagonists sometimes, Niko and Johnny working for Elizabeth)

What do you think?

Seriously, I think that having three characters protagonists isn't that cool because it will stretch out the storyline more than what it's supposed to be. 

Just now, Heatman said:

Seriously, I think that having three characters protagonists isn't that cool because it will stretch out the storyline more than what it's supposed to be. 

in GTA IV, that was cool as those storylines exist in those DLC's and none of the protagonists is harming the other side (at some point) unlike in GTA V

4 hours ago, Patrik said:

in GTA IV, that was cool as those storylines exist in those DLC's and none of the protagonists is harming the other side (at some point) unlike in GTA V

They probably had it all mixed up in GTA V which led it to having that outcome. They probably didn't observe how they got it right in GTA IV. 

On 7/5/2021 at 6:43 PM, Shole said:

I mean yeah it's like you are given options that aren't really options to begin with. I think most of the GTA games had such storylines from multiple perspectives, but it was only GTA V that let you play most of them out.

I'd more say that it's the first time you've seen all the protagonist stories intertwined and see how the choices of one character affects the other protagonists.

13 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I'd more say that it's the first time you've seen all the protagonist stories intertwined and see how the choices of one character affects the other protagonists.

Seriously, it's actually worth it in some games when you look closely at how it helps with the storyline development. 

I can see what you mean but it's not exactly the same. Playing as a different character because of a DLC isn't exactly the same as how GTA V did it. But I do agree with your other point. It was a cool and unique thing but it did mean the story wasn't as great as it could have been. Hopefully the next GTA returns to 1 character or 2 at max.

On 7/6/2021 at 12:43 AM, Shole said:

I actually believe that most GTA fans really enjoy the game like that nonetheless even with the differences. 

On 8/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's actually worth it in some games when you look closely at how it helps with the storyline development. 

The fact that you get to see it in real-time instead of having to play other DLCs makes it all worth it.

On 8/15/2021 at 2:13 AM, killamch89 said:

The fact that you get to see it in real-time instead of having to play other DLCs makes it all worth it.

Seriously, that's definitely one of the thrilling thing about it. It offers great worth to trying it out.