Register Now
killamch89

If you were given an envelope with the time and date of your death inside, would you open it?

3 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

I would tell everyone I wouldn't open it. But then, of course, I'd open it. I wouldn't trust it though as being true because no one really knows their own time/day of death. Unless you're a criminal on death row?

Or it could be from the Gods - either way, I wouldn't care to open it. Haven't you watched Final Destination? Death will come to get you at some point after seeing that envelope.

Just now, The Blackangel said:

I would run it through a cross cutting shredder. I don't want to know when, why, or how. That is just too much unwanted information. The kind that would drive a person insane.

And it'd end up being a self-fulfilled prophecy because you'd probably either kill yourself by being overtly paranoid and putting yourself into some kind of danger or you'd eventually commit suicide before the date.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Or it could be from the Gods - either way, I wouldn't care to open it. Haven't you watched Final Destination? Death will come to get you at some point after seeing that envelope.

I saw Final Destination but it's been a long time. I saw the Ring too but don't believe that because I watch a video that some girl is going to come through the tv and kill me...especially since she looked just like my daughter's best friend LOL

14 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

I saw Final Destination but it's been a long time. I saw the Ring too but don't believe that because I watch a video that some girl is going to come through the tv and kill me...especially since she looked just like my daughter's best friend LOL

I can image you had some kind of PTSD when you saw your daughter's friend throwing holy water on her and stuff like that 🤣

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I can image you had some kind of PTSD when you saw your daughter's friend throwing holy water on her and stuff like that 🤣

Haha, no. No holy water. The girl went through a bad stage for a little bit though so I'm sure her mother compared her to The Ring girl as well at some point 😉  Now the girl is married with a baby and doing well.

I would absolutely want to.  I would hope it would eliminate some anxiety about my fear of death, and then I could plan my life around that information; If you know how long you're going to live, it's much easier to make realistic plans about what you would and would not like to do in your life and prioritize properly.  Also, when the time gets close you can do things you probably wouldn't normally want to, like shoot up some heroin or something, because you don't have to worry about long term consequences.

14 hours ago, Steerminator said:

I would absolutely want to.  I would hope it would eliminate some anxiety about my fear of death, and then I could plan my life around that information; If you know how long you're going to live, it's much easier to make realistic plans about what you would and would not like to do in your life and prioritize properly.  Also, when the time gets close you can do things you probably wouldn't normally want to, like shoot up some heroin or something, because you don't have to worry about long term consequences.

And what happens if you don't die on that day? Imagine disrespecting your boss telling him you're going to die today only to live till tomorrow. 🤣