Register Now
ZandraJoi

Twister movie

A 1996 movie starring Helen Hunt & Bill Paxton. I actually love Bill Paxton’s movies. His portrayal of the characters were quite good. It is about a group of storm chasers who are trying to get funding for their research using a prototype named Dorothy (how quaint lol). Of course they have to have a rival, played by Cary Elwes to add in drama.

It was a great movie & I’ve enjoyed watching it several times since it came out. One of the scenes I love the best was when Helen Hunt’s character, Jo, says “Debris”. The “debris” in question was huge lol

What did you think of this movie? Did it provide enough action & suspense for you as well?

Back as a kid, I thought it was a really suspenseful movie and it is a good movie. As an adult however, it's kind of tame for me. The funniest part was the cow in the tornado. I'm not sure if it's the mooing of the cow or how it was animated or if it was both but that part always cracked me up.

As a huge fan of 90's action/thriller movies I fucking LOVE Twister. It has so much energy, adventure, humor, and personally I think it has perhaps the best cinematography in the entire disaster genre (those helicopter shots are simply stunning, some of the best out there). I've seen the movie probably 15 times and enjoy as much now as I did when I was a kid.

"We got cows" 

That's one movie that I didn't think I'd enjoy because I'm afraid of tornadoes but it was so well done. My husband loves the cow scene because he's a cow fanatic! I don't always watch it when it's on but when I do I get really into it.

On 7/16/2021 at 4:49 PM, Lämmchen said:

"We got cows" 

That's one movie that I didn't think I'd enjoy because I'm afraid of tornadoes but it was so well done. My husband loves the cow scene because he's a cow fanatic! I don't always watch it when it's on but when I do I get really into it.

Another part of the movie I remembered was when the reporter was telling the woman she needs to get out of her because this is a real storm and in the middle of talking - bam! the roof of a house hits him with some incredible force killing him.