Register Now
ZandraJoi

Do you listen to the sounds trees make in the wind?

Living on wooded acreage, you’d be surprised how much sound the trees make. I will admit though too, sometimes it can be a bit nerve-wracking because it sounds like they will fall down. But I just go with the fact they’ve been up for many, many years. All nature makes their own sound & it can be soothing at times.

My backyard is the woods. It's a bunch of pine trees and really tall so they sway in the breeze and make creaking sounds. I like the sound. The entire wooded floor is covered in dead pine needles so it's really soft and you can just lay there in peace. And then the damn mosquitoes get me and ruins the whole thing. But after their sinful decent into Earth and feeding off of flesh, then their return to Mars, it becomes real nice when them skeeters depart.  

The creaking sounds make me nervous because you never know in some woods how stable the trees truly are. I try to walk a little faster to get past those areas. I like to walk at my local county park the best and there are all kinds of different trees. They don't all sound the same.

On 7/18/2021 at 1:08 PM, The Blackangel said:

It's why when I was a kid, I would disappear for a month at a time and live rough in the woods. Build my own shelter, catch my own food, purify my own water. It was bliss.

I agree - it really eases the mind. To top it all off, when the birds start chirping as well, it's something else altogether.