Register Now
Lämmchen

Sports Bar to Watch Sports?

I'm a soccer lover, I watch the old firm derby fixtures between Celtic and Rangers. Such fixture is highly explosive in Scottish championship division. I don't like going to stadium to watch matches often as I want due to violent people all round the stadium, I hate racism, and soccer practice racism. 

On 5/11/2022 at 4:07 PM, Shagger said:

It is actually quite fascinating. I'm speaking mostly in reference to football (soccer) in the Scotland, but I get a feeling this is a similar story the world over. You have people that are perfectly normal, even nice, kind and thoughtful. Perfectly normal people. It's your postmen, your builders, your barista's, your plumbers, just normal folk Then a referee blows a whistle somewhere then for the next two hours they devolve into barbarians. Racism, sexism, homophobia, bigotry, religious indolence (this is especially bad in Scottish football with Old Firm rivals Celtic and Rangers, more details here) and even violence. The thing is, I lived in Glasgow for a while for work and have visited the city several times and at night this is one of the friendliest places I've ever been. However, when an Old Firm Derby is on only one of three kinds people have any business being on the streets;

1. The riot police.
  2. The aforementioned plumbers turned barbarians.
  3. The blooded victims of either 1 or 2.

Come Monday, the 2's will go to work and when asked about what they were up to at the weekend they always say, "Yeah, it was alright. Watched the game. The referee was a *insert derogatory term" cunt. If that fucking ni**er hadn't missed that penalty we would have won it.". Casual as you like, as if they had done and just said nothing at all wrong. It's crazy. I haven't associated myself with football fandom for years and this is the prime reason why.

You pretty much nailed it. And it's also often times where people on the winning side get so excited that they riot in the streets and vandalize things and fight. That adrenaline and excitement from winning becomes blood lust. Like a pack of dogs when one starts yapping and next thing you know they all turn into a frenzy and attack. 

Then you get those on the losing side who takes so much offense from the game that they resort to the lowest and dirtiest of all bad things in the world and they are the worst victims on the planet with the whole world conspiring against them. 

Now put the two groups together. What can go wrong? In American football, the Super Bowl hardly ever takes place in the city of either team. Things would easily be worse if it did. 

Every bar In my vicinity with a tv and cable would always show a football game especially the premier league  UCL or FIFA world cup

But there are viewing centers open specifically for watching live matches in case you like to watch with crowd, shout and argue all through a football game.

On 7/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, Clasher said:

Every bar In my vicinity with a tv and cable would always show a football game especially the premier league  UCL or FIFA world cup

But there are viewing centers open specifically for watching live matches in case you like to watch with crowd, shout and argue all through a football game.

They usually have those during the World Cup and it's usually a load of fun.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They usually have those during the World Cup and it's usually a load of fun.

It usually fun but you must be ready to argue though, a few fights do break out but not too often and you could have a really happy fan order beer for the whole room. Lol

Anyways you will still have a good time watching live matches there.

15 hours ago, Clasher said:

It usually fun but you must be ready to argue though, a few fights do break out but not too often and you could have a really happy fan order beer for the whole room. Lol

Anyways you will still have a good time watching live matches there.

Yeah, I remember going to one in 2014 and in two drunk guys started hurling bottles at each other while arguing during the match. They didn't hit anyone but it was hilarious when they both fell over after a few throws and were helpless like roaches on their backs.