Register Now
killamch89

What’s your favorite zoo animal?

For me, it's definitely a tiger - they're so majestic in the way they walk and most times, they're usually pretty chilled but in the blink of an eye they're in attack mode. I like that unpredictability with them and their roars are pretty impressive and loud as hell. What’s your favorite zoo animal?

It depends on the zoo. If we're talking about the St. Louis zoo (nearest one to me) then it's probably the bald eagles. I've been to it a million times and always spend a ton of time watching them. But for an exotic animal, or a more rare one at least, it would probably be the gorillas. The raw power of a single creature is something that boggles the mind. Something I find ironic is that people tend to associate hair on mans chest with strength. The gorilla is the strongest of all bipeds and has hair on every part of its body except its chest.

If we're talking about the San Diego zoo, then it's definitely the pandas. It's the only zoo in America that the Chinese have allowed to have pandas, and it's an amazing exhibit. I just wish I knew where my pictures were form the last time I was there.

13 hours ago, Empire said:

Elephant is used by children to visit the zoo.

Elephants are pretty intelligent animals and they have very good memories as well.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It depends on the zoo. If we're talking about the St. Louis zoo (nearest one to me) then it's probably the bald eagles. I've been to it a million times and always spend a ton of time watching them. But for an exotic animal, or a more rare one at least, it would probably be the gorillas. The raw power of a single creature is something that boggles the mind. Something I find ironic is that people tend to associate hair on mans chest with strength. The gorilla is the strongest of all bipeds and has hair on every part of its body except its chest.

If we're talking about the San Diego zoo, then it's definitely the pandas. It's the only zoo in America that the Chinese have allowed to have pandas, and it's an amazing exhibit. I just wish I knew where my pictures were form the last time I was there.

Gorillas are pretty strong animals that much I know - I remember watching a video with one cracking the glass of a zoo exhibit by throwing a huge stone although I think the zoo should've known it was bound to do something like that.

At the St. Louis zoo, they have 4" thick bulletproof glass that is bolted in at 2" intervals with 6" bolts at ground level where you can get face to face with a gorilla if it wants to come over. They had to upgrade it to that extreme, because several years earlier when they had typical bulletproof glass, the a male silverback punched it in front of a group of kindergartners and broke it. It was cracked all over and he almost broke through. They rushed the kids out of there, and got him into an indoor enclosure out of the public eye. They never figured out why he did it, but they upgraded the entire enclosure, not just that viewing spot. But that spot is where they decided to go as extreme as they could, not only for public safety, but for the gorillas safety. I'm sure those tranquilizer darts don't feel very good.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

At the St. Louis zoo, they have 4" thick bulletproof glass that is bolted in at 2" intervals with 6" bolts at ground level where you can get face to face with a gorilla if it wants to come over. They had to upgrade it to that extreme, because several years earlier when they had typical bulletproof glass, the a male silverback punched it in front of a group of kindergartners and broke it. It was cracked all over and he almost broke through. They rushed the kids out of there, and got him into an indoor enclosure out of the public eye. They never figured out why he did it, but they upgraded the entire enclosure, not just that viewing spot. But that spot is where they decided to go as extreme as they could, not only for public safety, but for the gorillas safety. I'm sure those tranquilizer darts don't feel very good.

Well I'm glad to hear that he's okay at least and they didn't have to kill him like they'd usually resort to if some idiot jumped into their enclosure and got mauled or something along those lines.