Register Now
killamch89

Do You Use Any App Stores Outside Of The Google Play Store

7 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I've used itch.io a couple of times.

How good is the it services and their application database? Do they have enough applications and not one that would have someone looking other places. 

8 minutes ago, Heatman said:

How good is the it services and their application database? Do they have enough applications and not one that would have someone looking other places. 

I haven't used it that much, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.  Most of the applications outside of games are tools and asset packs for developer's so for the average consumer theirs not that much of interest.  As for IT service... well as far can tell each dev kinda runs their storefront independently so you would you have to contact them if you had an issue.

13 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I haven't used it that much, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.  Most of the applications outside of games are tools and asset packs for developer's so for the average consumer theirs not that much of interest.  As for IT service... well as far can tell each dev kinda runs their storefront independently so you would you have to contact them if you had an issue.

Alright mate, I think that I'm going to be sticking with what I have using for a while now because the devil you know is far more better than the angel you never know. 

On 8/29/2021 at 2:14 PM, Heatman said:

If you want simple and experimental games then that's a good market. a lot of developers who try out things post games there to test the waters. 

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

If you want simple and experimental games then that's a good market. a lot of developers who try out things post games there to test the waters. 

Alright - Thanks for the recommendation mate. I'm definitely going to be checking out what they have got and see what I'd like from there. 

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

True but most of the times such games don't make it as I know plenty of the games didn't made it. 

Yeah - it is a very competitive market. If only there was some kind of online competition or showcase to show off some of these games, they'd catch the eye of some major companies.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:18 AM, skyfire said:

I think a lot of times they don't add it because the in app purchase license and pay issues that needs to be handled off the google play. So those apps dont appear there. 

That is indeed correct and they'd undergo all kinds of legal implications which I don't think they're prepared to handle.