Register Now
StaceyPowers

Where is the line between poor game design and lack of player patience?

All games need to be user friendly. I'll say it again...All games need to be user friendly. We are here to play, not rewire a brain. Eventually our controller panel will look like the cockpit of a fighter jet if we let them go overboard. They need to keep it user friendly. If you have only one jet to fly, then go ahead and learn the control schemes forever. But if you got 50 different jets to fly, oh dear!

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

All games need to be user friendly. I'll say it again...All games need to be user friendly. We are here to play, not rewire a brain. Eventually our controller panel will look like the cockpit of a fighter jet if we let them go overboard. They need to keep it user friendly. If you have only one jet to fly, then go ahead and learn the control schemes forever. But if you got 50 different jets to fly, oh dear!

That's why I tend to like playing certain games on PC over a console because the console has such a limited number of buttons that some of the functions seem more like old Mortal Kombat combos with a thousand button presses to do one function.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:46 PM, StaceyPowers said:

If a game is hard to learn, is it the fault of poor design, impatience on the part of the player, or a combination? Where do you personally draw the line?

To be honest with you, there are some gamers who are too impatient to play any game. It makes a mess for them and they dwell so much on cursing the game.