Register Now
StaceyPowers

Annoying things in the name of immersion in games

When does a developer go too far in the name of immersion? For example, it quite irritates me in BioShock when I get stuck with “helmet view” while wearing a Big Daddy helmet (there was no way to turn this off in the brief part of the first BioShock game in the remaster where it shows up).

On 8/10/2021 at 8:09 PM, StaceyPowers said:

When does a developer go too far in the name of immersion? For example, it quite irritates me in BioShock when I get stuck with “helmet view” while wearing a Big Daddy helmet (there was no way to turn this off in the brief part of the first BioShock game in the remaster where it shows up).

Seriously - It was a very frustrating experience for me as with the helmet view. At a time, I was thinking that it was a bug or something but it wasn't but how the devs made it to be. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - I can't hate this more than enough especially when the enemies swarm up on you but you have to reload 😂

For some reason the realism in guns seem to be more important than a lot of other things that could be made more real. But nope, we will always be reminded to reload, as if that itself makes the whole thing real. They should do the GI Joe approach and use lasers with unlimited ammo (joking). But damn, give me a shotgun with a damn gattling attached on the side to hold 100 shells. If that is too heavy, then throw down the bazooka hidden under the shirt, grenades, machine gun, food, med kits, and everything else. Some games it does work out though like survival games where you count bullets.