Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather travel the world for a year, all expenses paid or have $40,000 to spend on whatever you want?

Explore the world.  Not because I think taking a year long gap is a particularly good way of investing your time (fun, but not productive) but because $40,000 Isn't even close enough to explore the world.  So it's an opportunity to rip the absolute pish!

Want to peak Everest along your trip?  That alone is at least $40,000 if don't wanna die and about $7000 if you don't care if you do.  I admit I'm pushing what you would actually do a bit but I stand by my point that $40,000 would get you very far if that's all you had and weren't working.  Under this hypothetical scenario traveling has was way more monetary value.

I'd take the money. I've done enough travelling & vacations. Plus I too have pets & I hate leaving them even overnight. I'm also a homebody. I can find a myriad of things to do around the house & on our land to keep me occupied. If I want to travel, I can do it by proxy online.

On 8/18/2021 at 10:41 AM, ZandraJoi said:

I'd take the money. I've done enough travelling & vacations. Plus I too have pets & I hate leaving them even overnight. I'm also a homebody. I can find a myriad of things to do around the house & on our land to keep me occupied. If I want to travel, I can do it by proxy online.

In my case my dogs can stay with my mom since they did grow up around her as well. Otherwise, I'd probably have to get them a passport and carry them with me. There's no way I'm leaving them in any holding facility.

On 8/19/2021 at 10:41 PM, killamch89 said:

In my case my dogs can stay with my mom since they did grow up around her as well. Otherwise, I'd probably have to get them a passport and carry them with me. There's no way I'm leaving them in any holding facility.

I agree! When we did travel, our dog went with us but we had cats. We'd have a friend come over & take care of them, as well as fill our birdfeeders, water our garden, etc.

Edited by ZandraJoi

11 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

I agree! When we did travel, our dog went with us but we had cats. We'd have a friend come over & take care of them, as well as fill our birdfeeders, water our garden, etc.

Can you imagine leaving your dog with strangers? They'd feel like they've been abandoned and I've seen how they act when they feel like that and it's heartbreaking.

Edited by killamch89

On 8/25/2021 at 10:30 PM, killamch89 said:

Can you imagine leaving your dog with strangers? They'd feel like they've been abandoned and I've seen how they act when they feel like that and it's heartbreaking.

Wholeheartedly agree! The 2 we've had were rescues from bad situations. They bonded to me very strongly. I can't even leave the room sometimes lol It's hard enough when we have to leave them at a vet for teeth cleaning. Can't convey to them that it's for their own good & Mommy & Daddy will be back. It's heart-wrenching on the pet AND on the human.

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I can't imagine being separated from my babies. Especially my pitbull. She would have to go with me. There's no way I could leave her behind. It's either both of us, or none of us. The pit is a rescue, and it was blatantly obvious that for both of us it was love at first sight.

My dogs have that same kind of attachment to me since I've been with them since the day they were born and are used to at least seeing me once a month. My mom is around so when I'm going on my expeditions I just drop them off at my mom's since they also grew up around her and they get the treatment they're normally used to.