Register Now
skyfire

HarmonyOS

On 8/20/2021 at 3:11 AM, skyfire said:

Yes the OS seems to have got a lot of demand compared to stock android. the reason being they seem to have got battery optimization right. 

I don't know - a lot of people around the world don't trust Chinese made software (to be fair, they do collect a lot of data) because of the lack of quality (also a big issue) and the amount of data their software typically collects.

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes almost every chinese company does but then again the way political propaganda is running alot of whistleblower are made silent by china and mostly attacking US on same things which is scary as china is being slipped through critic. 

Personally, the world is far more distrusting of the Chinese than the US but I think it should be equal. Just look at the Snowden leaks and some US people still trust their leaders.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:52 AM, killamch89 said:

I don't know - a lot of people around the world don't trust Chinese made software (to be fair, they do collect a lot of data) because of the lack of quality (also a big issue) and the amount of data their software typically collects.

Actually, China makes any kind of product quality that you want them to make for you. It's all about the money you're willing to pay. If you pay for it to be made cheap, its quality will definitely be low. 

It looks very similar to IOS too, not just Android. I don't really like the aesthetics (just because of how square, bright and 'cheap' it looks) of it at the moment, but I hope overtime the design will be polished to look nicer like stock android for example. But still, this is a great step forward taken by Huawei.

On 9/29/2021 at 12:12 PM, skyfire said:

True quality suffers when we cut the cost and try to make things cheap. I have noticed that huwei is moderately priced and also good for overall performance. 

Exactly - it's actually one of the biggest challenges most companies face when they are pushed to make cheap products by cutting down on its quality.