Register Now
m76

Terminator: Resistance

19 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

sounds like a linear version of a Fallout game.

Yes you can say that, but this is primarily a shooter with some rpg elements added, so it is not as complex as fallout4.

Great review and I've also never heard of this game before. As for your point about IGN and others, they've lost their credibility since around the 2010s. Some of things that they complain about in their reviews is more on the lack of knowledge of the reviewer than the actual game itself. One IGN reviewer gave cuphead a terrible rating because he didn't know how to properly use the controls even though their was a tutorial in-game...

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Great review and I've also never heard of this game before. As for your point about IGN and others, they've lost their credibility since around the 2010s. Some of things that they complain about in their reviews is more on the lack of knowledge of the reviewer than the actual game itself. One IGN reviewer gave cuphead a terrible rating because he didn't know how to properly use the controls even though their was a tutorial in-game...

Wasn't that the case where it turned out that the reviewer didn't even play the game?

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

How in the world did you give the gameplay and control 10/10 rating? I think it's farfetched to give it 100% good rating on that. 

Playing the game is satisfying and the controls are perfectly designed and self explanatory. There is no jankiness or awkwardness to it. The game mechanics are well designed. I never felt the game is cheating. My inputs perfectly translated to the game, I never lost because the game did something I did not intend. There is clear audible feedback for hits, you know what you have to do instinctively. I never felt herded in the game. I could explore at my own pace without penalty, could choose my own playstyle freely. Stealth is just as effective and satisfying as open combat, the game is well balanced and does not try to push you towards either.

In fact this might have been the most well rounded game gamplay wise that I played in a long long time.

1 minute ago, m76 said:

Playing the game is satisfying and the controls are perfectly designed and self explanatory. There is no jankiness or awkwardness to it. The game mechanics are well designed. I never felt the game is cheating. My inputs perfectly translated to the game, I never lost because the game did something I did not intend. There is clear audible feedback for hits, you know what you have to do instinctively. I never felt herded in the game. I could explore at my own pace without penalty, could choose my own playstyle freely. Stealth is just as effective and satisfying as open combat, the game is well balanced and does not try to push you towards either.

In fact this might have been the most well rounded game gamplay wise that I played in a long long time.

Wow - If that's the case, then I can very well see the reason why you had to give the rating of 10/10. You don't get such features in games commonly these days.