Register Now
StaceyPowers

Study: People who play video games are happier

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

I actually tend to disagree with this study or research because there are still a very good number of people who aren't into video games playing and they are very happy with their lives. 

Agreed - video games can bring you enjoyment but happiness is something you have to find within yourself. Trying to find it in something external means the happiness won't last.

8 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Agreed - video games can bring you enjoyment but happiness is something you have to find within yourself. Trying to find it in something external means the happiness won't last.

Yeah - some people tend to find playing video games fun while some other people don't see it so, but it doesn't mean they don't live a happy life. 

24 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That’s a good point. But humans are meant to look for external things to make them happy. We aren’t built to reach enlightenment. We are a species that needs entertainment/crafts/art/talent/athletics. We need those things like food, especially teens who are eager to find their talents. In a society where most activities require a vehicle to get you there, money, and the busy life cycle of parents who are more self indulged, younger people find easy access to fun in video games. Same goes for the older folks and nostalgia adds to it. And if the older population embraced games, then that is less time plotting or acting out in rage or yelling racist comments at the tv. Gaming naturally makes people happier. Any fun activity does, but especially games because of the easy access in a smothered society. 

48 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That’s a good point. But humans are meant to look for external things to make them happy. 

Gaming naturally makes people happier. Any fun activity does, but especially games because of the easy access in a smothered society. 

Exactly - When it comes to human nature and search for happiness, we'd get into any kind of thing that offers us a sense of accomplishment and relaxation. There are some traveling is what makes them happy and not movies or gaming. Human beings are very different in a million ways that we are never the same in things we fancy or hate. 

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Trying to find it in something external means the happiness won't last.

Isn't that what life is, though?

I realize there are many approaches to happiness, but i don't mind finding it in things external to me. It makes me more vulnerable, but not necessarily more fragile--if anything, it is the extra kick in the pants I need to fight for what I love to last--or go find something new to love if it doesn't. So, anti-fragile 🙂

Yeah - when it comes to achieving real happiness, it must come from within and not outside but if you must look for it in the eternal setting, you will definitely still need to make it be part of you before it makes the happiness a lasting one.