Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I’m helping my niece get ready for her first day of college tomorrow. I just need to get some thumb drives to her. Other than that I’m doing a whole lot of nothing. I’m seeing my psychiatrist Tuesday morning to try to get something done about my trypophobia. It’s crippling and seriously derailing my entire life.

Do you have any idea when you developed this phobia and what in your environment usually triggers it?

It started as a kid. As for what triggers is, literally any time I see a group of holes. I can't handle it. I can't even look at shoes much because so many of them are designed like nets or lattice patterns. I have to stay with tennis shoes mostly. I hate pumps so my heels have to be block or wedge (which isn't a problem). But I have to be careful to find any that are solid material. Looking at anything that is a bunch of holes sends me into a full blown panic attack instantly. I had one last night that was so severe I passed out. This shit is really getting dangerous for me.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm laying out a solid white outfit to wear just to piss people off. Everyone says you're not supposed to wear white after labor day, so that's all I'm going to wear for a week after. Nothing but white. I do it every year, and it's always fun as hell.

Where do you wear white to? I'm not high brow..  People are just glad I'm dressed.

I went out to eat and saw It part 2 yesterday. The movie had a few jump scares in it. But there were other elements of it that brought back a lot of bad memories and fucked me up for the rest of the day. If there's anyone that comes from an abusive background, I highly recommend you don't see the movie.

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I went out to eat and saw It part 2 yesterday. The movie had a few jump scares in it. But there were other elements of it that brought back a lot of bad memories and fucked me up for the rest of the day. If there's anyone that comes from an abusive background, I highly recommend you don't see the movie.

I did watch that movie the other day as well but fell asleep halfway through because I was bored lol (first time I've ever fallen asleep in a cinema). I just thought elements of the movie's plot was so bizarre and nonsensical.