Register Now
killamch89

Konami officially ruins PES by making it F2P

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Maybe they're simply tired of releasing new editions every year. They just decided to stick with upgrading of the game annually. But it's quite ridiculous because not everyone can have that time every year renewing the subscription. 

That's not the thing though - you'll have to pay to use certain game modes annually on top of buy DLC packs for team updates and they make sure to reverse all your previous progress.

4 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's not the thing though - you'll have to pay to use certain game modes annually on top of buy DLC packs for team updates and they make sure to reverse all your previous progress.

When did Konami bring up this kind of disastrous new rule? I don't like the option where I have to pay to access any game mode in PES, then at time it just expire and I continue renewing. That's not for me, if Konami doesn't change this bizarre rule on PES. 

34 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

When did Konami bring up this kind of disastrous new rule? I don't like the option where I have to pay to access any game mode in PES, then at time it just expire and I continue renewing. That's not for me, if Konami doesn't change this bizarre rule on PES. 

PES was rebranded to eFootball since this year and from July onwards, you'll have to buy updates every July which is a greedy move by them.

11 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

PES was rebranded to eFootball since this year and from July onwards, you'll have to buy updates every July which is a greedy move by them.

That shows it's a yearly upgrade occuring every July of each year, which is a must. Any user who doesn't renew won't be entitled to play anymore, lol. That's very bad, Konami should have thinked before carrying this out. 

Edited by Justin11

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Exactly - they are only there looking for easy ways to mint money from gamers without offering much in return. 

On 9/26/2021 at 2:32 AM, killamch89 said:

PES was a pretty good competitor and pushed EA to at least make some changes but they'll definitely be more lax about adding more features now...

When you no longer have any good competitors, the zeal to put in more efforts into what you do would be very low - It's exactly what's going on with EA now. 

23 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That shows it's a yearly upgrade occuring every July of each year, which is a must. Any user who doesn't renew won't be entitled to play anymore, lol. That's very bad, Konami should have thinked before carrying this out. 

When Konami sees dollar signs, all logic go out the window until it hurts them financially.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

When Konami sees dollar signs, all logic go out the window until it hurts them financially.

Well, they are paying the heavy price for their actions today, and I'm very sure that it's something that would be very difficult for them to recover their lost status. 

On 9/28/2021 at 2:05 AM, killamch89 said:

If they continue the hunt for more dollars and not being contended with the already huge amount they've made by returning the previous policy it will affect their long term success. 

On 9/28/2021 at 8:58 PM, Justin11 said:

If they continue the hunt for more dollars and not being contended with the already huge amount they've made by returning the previous policy it will affect their long term success. 

That's the thing - Konami no longer cares about long-term success. They only want instant profits - nothing else matters to them anymore.

On 9/29/2021 at 2:58 AM, Justin11 said:

They are already doing it and it's what's kept them in the business condition that they are till date. 

It seems like the controversial new monetisation for Fuckonami's new PES (now rebranded eFootball) turns to have been the mere tip of the shitberg!  The game seems to be a long way from finished with a ton of missing features and so completely broken that EVEN THE LOOT BOX'S DON'T WORK!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/30/efootball-instantly-becomes-lowest-rated-steam-game-ever-15343211/amp/

Of this hasn't stopped Fuckonami being Fuckonami.  They tried to justify this mess by making excuses like "it's a demo version" and even selling DLC that won't even work until November.  They have gone on to the official Twitter account and apologized for the state of the game. As of this post it stands at a poultry 9% customer review score on Steam.

As much a things going wrong for Fuckonami makes me smile and they deserve every last atom of hate, this does suck for Football fans looking for an alternative to the money grubbing FIFA franchise.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

It seems like the controversial new monetisation for Fuckonami's new PES (now rebranded eFootball) turns to have been the mere tip of the shitberg!  The game seems to be a long way from finished with a ton of missing features and so completely broken that EVEN THE LOOT BOX'S DON'T WORK!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/30/efootball-instantly-becomes-lowest-rated-steam-game-ever-15343211/amp/

Of this hasn't stopped Fuckonami being Fuckonami.  They tried to justify this mess by making excuses like "it's a demo version" and even selling DLC that won't even work until November.  They have gone on to the official Twitter account and apologized for the state of the game. As of this post it stands at a poultry 9% customer review score on Steam.

As much a things going wrong for Fuckonami makes me smile and they deserve every last atom of hate, this does suck for Football fans looking for an alternative to the money grubbing FIFA franchise.

It's a shame too because I used to love playing PES and the other games are way below the standard of Fifa (and that's saying a lot). It really is a horrid situation...

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Shortly after replying to your comment and reading the article - Yongyea also made a video: