Register Now
killamch89

CD Projekt Anger GOG Users, Release Hitman With DRM & Threaten To Remove Negative User Reviews

As with so many once great developers, they'll destroy their reputation for nothing and here's another case with CDPR's latest moves. Sometimes I wonder if companies can lack this much awareness - doing shady things to protect your reputation only makes you get vilified even more. What are your thoughts on this?

The DRM was put in place by IO Interactive, not GOG. GOG had no control over the implementation of this. I wanted to point that out because that's a detail that seems to be getting left out as this story gains traction on the internet. However, still take issue with GOG over this

The first problem I have with GOG over this is that the game is advertised as having no DRM, as it standard on GOG. They should have made it clear that some elements of the single game you have to be online to use and exactly what those are. Second is that threat to remove negative reviews calling this out, you simply can't do that. They're only digging themselves into a deeper hole by doing so.

I love the new Hitman trilogy to bits, having played it for hundreds of hours. But the always online function is one of the things I will forever argue against. Meanwhile, having this game listed like that on the website (and for such a high price too??) just screams of wanting piece of that Hitman money, nevermind your reputation and customer satisfaction.

14 hours ago, Shagger said:

The DRM was put in place by IO Interactive, not GOG. GOG had no control over the implementation of this. I wanted to point that out because that's a detail that seems to be getting left out as this story gains traction on the internet. However, still take issue with GOG over this

The first problem I have with GOG over this is that the game is advertised as having no DRM, as it standard on GOG. They should have made it clear that some elements of the single game you have to be online to use and exactly what those are. Second is that threat to remove negative reviews calling this out, you simply can't do that. They're only digging themselves into a deeper hole by doing so.

Yeah, this is a bit of a weird one though. Removing negative user reviews will only create further distrust between CDPR and their consumers. I agree the whole situation should have been handled a bit better by GOG because they do market their platform as non DRM.

2 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's ridiculous if they execute what they've put in consideration by removing users negative responses. Provided it is guided with the right words that doesn't attach to insult it altercations they shouldn't by no means remove it. 

They've already issued an apology and removed the game. The updated video I posted previously covers that.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They've already issued an apology and removed the game. The updated video I posted previously covers that.

That's cool, they did just that. It shows they are apologetic when they go wrong, knowing too well the customers are still their priority. 

17 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's cool, they did just that. It shows they are apologetic when they go wrong, knowing too well the customers are still their priority. 

CDPR at least knows when to apologize unlike some other companies who'd try to absolve themselves of any wrongdoing.