Register Now
StaceyPowers

Feature I wish every game had: a log of recent dialogue in text format

Dragon Age: Origins has a handy feature where you can check a log of recent dialogue. It’s helpful in case you missed something someone said, and/or need to review what they said to make sense of it. Video game exposition can often be rather rushed, so I think this is an awesome feature. I wish it was in every game.

It could've been awesome, had it been such feature is added in the games. Where you'll simply go back and read a dialogue that was rushed by AI. Another one feature I would've cherished more than others in video games is the side where you'll start from where you stopped when the game you're playing unexpected switched off. 

That would be an excellent feature in all games. I often wish games had that myself. Even if you can read subtitles, sometimes it goes too fast. And when action kicks in, who the hell wants to read or listen? I try to go back to replay a moment I didn't get, but the autosave may be too far back. GTA 5 has a log of recent dialogue, but is erased after each game session.