Register Now
StaceyPowers

What have the biggest revolutions in gameplay/storytelling been from PS3 era until now?

5 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

I think the biggest technological gameplay revolution is probably with horizon zero dawn. It's one of the very few games that actually felt like "next gen". I can't picture it running on a PS3 with downgraded graphics at all. No way 7th gen consoles can handle massive dinosaurs in an open world running around with like a 100 individiual body parts that can be chipped off which can even destroy parts of the map. 

I couldn't agree any less to this because the way technology was used in the game, makes it very easy to understand how good it played out. 

3 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

wdym?

Referring to how good the tech used in the game and how it appeared on the consoles after 7th generation console which it came out well... 7th generation console wouldn't handle it well. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, there was no way I would wait and watch Nintendo Switch to grow and game past me. It's not possible. It's why I got it by all means. 

Since you have the money, and you love what you purchased, their is no problem at all. Nintendo switch is still a better gaming device with lots of intriguing video games. 

21 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Yeah, it seems way too complex for 7th gen. 

The game was never developed for a 7th generation console if I remembered correctly, there was no way it would have worked on it. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

The game was never developed for a 7th generation console if I remembered correctly, there was no way it would have worked on it. 

It would have been a massive failure on the 7th generation console if they had wanted to test run it on the platform. 

20 hours ago, Boblee said:

It would have been a massive failure on the 7th generation console if they had wanted to test run it on the platform. 

I believe that the developers know that very well and it was why they never bothered about having the game backward compatible with 7th gen console. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I believe that the developers know that very well and it was why they never bothered about having the game backward compatible with 7th gen console. 

Yeah, it's something they could tell very easily about that it's not going to work and it's why there isn't even a trail on it. 

On 3/15/2022 at 11:37 AM, Boblee said:

Yeah, it's something they could tell very easily about that it's not going to work and it's why there isn't even a trail on it. 

It would have been a waste of resources if they had went on to try and force the game on 7th generation. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

It would have been a waste of resources if they had went on to try and force the game on 7th generation. 

Seriously, I highly believe that it's something that they know too well, otherwise they will be forcing it on the games.