Register Now
StaceyPowers

Quest markers on the screen: helpful or annoying?

On 10/31/2021 at 7:43 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Do you find quest markers on your screen helpful or distracting? For me it seems to vary widely, depending on the game.

Some gamers don't fancy it at all being open in their games as it keeps taking their attention off the game they are playing. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some gamers don't fancy it at all being open in their games as it keeps taking their attention off the game they are playing. 

In most cases the reason why some gamers are not really a fan of quest markers is because of how they keep on interrupting their gameplay for something that they already know.

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

In most cases the reason why some gamers are not really a fan of quest markers is because of how they keep on interrupting their gameplay for something that they already know.

If it's about the quest markers being important for the games they get used it, yes they are because the developers knows so and made it so. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

If it's about the quest markers being important for the games they get used it, yes they are because the developers knows so and made it so. 

Yeah, they are simply important because if they are not, the developers wouldn't add that in the game, it's just how it's used that's the issue here. 

On 11/23/2021 at 11:13 AM, Boblee said:

If the Quest markers  are straight dead on point, it's definitely going to be very helpful in aiding the gamer to complete the game as quickly as possible. 

Yes, because the direction will be plotted within the map to aid the gamer where to move and position in the game, to avoid missing out on a mission. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, they are simply important because if they are not, the developers wouldn't add that in the game, it's just how it's used that's the issue here. 

Well, in some cases, the developers do get their acts well on what features they include in their games and its always good when they do the right thing. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Well, in some cases, the developers do get their acts well on what features they include in their games and its always good when they do the right thing. 

That is something that you hardly see happening today with what video games companies are doing with their game making because all day after is just money.

23 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I always keep it ON, it keeps me inline of locating the roadmap of the game, and not go mis-step. 

When you really value your gaming, you really need all the help that you can get in order to make sure that things goes as planned. 

8 minutes ago, Heatman said:

When you really value your gaming, you really need all the help that you can get in order to make sure that things goes as planned. 

Exactly, that's why I don't joke with quest showing on the side of the screen, because I value my game and the progress I ought to make in the game. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Exactly, that's why I don't joke with quest showing on the side of the screen, because I value my game and the progress I ought to make in the game. 

They all serve like a blueprint on how you should go with your plan of playing and it's the best way forward. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

They all serve like a blueprint on how you should go with your plan of playing and it's the best way forward. 

It's exactly what it is because when you look at it very closely, you will see that the help it gives is immense.