Register Now
StaceyPowers

Optimism in games is usually about moral victory

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, from all indications, God of War Ragnarok is definitely going to be a great game hit. Multiple sources have be supporting that update. 

Definitely, they are not really going to disappoint now because if they do, they are killing the game by themselves. 

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

Definitely, they are not really going to disappoint now because if they do, they are killing the game by themselves. 

They wouldn't dare to do that because they are definitely going to be losing millions of dollars and their fans as well. 

I think we all get optimistic when it comes to the games we play, because we inevitably want to beat them. Most games are meant to be conquered and won, so it's a given that each game we play, we try to do our best to get that victory. Sometimes it doesn't come, even with how hard you're trying. Just keep trying. If it gives you too much trouble, maybe it'd be best to move on to another game. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think we all get optimistic when it comes to the games we play, because we inevitably want to beat them. Most games are meant to be conquered and won, so it's a given that each game we play, we try to do our best to get that victory. Sometimes it doesn't come, even with how hard you're trying. Just keep trying. If it gives you too much trouble, maybe it'd be best to move on to another game. 

Yeah, I do believe so that all games are meant to be completely played out, the only question is whether you have what it takes to have the game conquered. 

23 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm not really a completionist but if it's possible for me to play and complete any game, I wouldn't mind doing it but I'm never breaking my back for it. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

I'm not really a completionist but if it's possible for me to play and complete any game, I wouldn't mind doing it but I'm never breaking my back for it. 

Same here. I can't be bothered with most games to collect everything. Sometimes I just play the story and call it. I don't need to capture, catch, find or collect everything if it doesn't have a barring on the story. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Same here. I can't be bothered with most games to collect everything. Sometimes I just play the story and call it. I don't need to capture, catch, find or collect everything if it doesn't have a barring on the story. 

Seriously, it's why I have good reasons to believe that most gamers who are completionist never have their peace of mind whenever they play. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's why I have good reasons to believe that most gamers who are completionist never have their peace of mind whenever they play. 

What really matters to them is being able to complete the games at any cost which really screws their psychology most of the time. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

What really matters to them is being able to complete the games at any cost which really screws their psychology most of the time. 

It gets them worried physically, mentally, psychologically in a that it's not healthy at all. Why do they suffer themselves like that? 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Not everyone is the same. I know people who love to complete the game 100%. I was kinda a completionist as a kid, but that didn't last too long. Difficulty in some games gets me good, so I sometimes focus on just story and I'm done. But if there is a need to upgrade to progress further, you kinda need the side quests sometimes. 

28 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Not everyone is the same. I know people who love to complete the game 100%. I was kinda a completionist as a kid, but that didn't last too long. Difficulty in some games gets me good, so I sometimes focus on just story and I'm done. But if there is a need to upgrade to progress further, you kinda need the side quests sometimes. 

That's completely understandable as well. We all need something to help us steam off and side quests can offer that. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's completely understandable as well. We all need something to help us steam off and side quests can offer that. 

Actually, I believe that it's part of the reason why side quests are made in the first place, even though it helps to build your characters and other improvements. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

Actually, I believe that it's part of the reason why side quests are made in the first place, even though it helps to build your characters and other improvements. 

Yes of course, it's just the main reason why I do get into side quests all the time especially when they are worth it.