Register Now
killamch89

Intel Alder Lake 12900K review - Intel Back With A Bang

AMD's CPU offerings have been outperforming Intel the past few years but Intel has really hit back with the Alder Lake series. Compared to current gen AMD processors, they are more powerful but a considerable margin but also consume more power. That being said, the 12900K is an absolute beast and I'm glad there is competition from Intel once again. What are your thoughts on this?

On 11/19/2021 at 5:38 AM, skyfire said:

Yes these CPUs are giving hard time to the Apples M1 chips and Pro too. So the AMD has not tough competition but something to play with before they too come up with their own big guns. 

Yeah - the new AMD chips will be out in February so we should hear something about them in January. I quite like that Intel is fighting back as the competition benefits us the consumers.

Considering the current Ryzen is about 12 months old, this is super exciting. I'm glad Intel is back in the game. Hopefully this leads to lots of competition between the two, and we just keep getting more awesome stuff. Shout out to AMD for finally making good chips with Ryzen to light a fire under Intel's ass. Let's see some competition!

On 11/21/2021 at 9:58 AM, killamch89 said:

Yeah - the new AMD chips will be out in February so we should hear something about them in January. I quite like that Intel is fighting back as the competition benefits us the consumers.

Intel felt insulted the moment apple ditched them and now apple is doing bad press about intel. So now intel is not offended by AMD competition but more of their anti apple stance gets them to innovate. 

On 11/22/2021 at 2:54 AM, skyfire said:

Intel felt insulted the moment apple ditched them and now apple is doing bad press about intel. So now intel is not offended by AMD competition but more of their anti apple stance gets them to innovate. 

Apple M1 ProMax is pretty powerful for what it is and the generational leap is amazing. Give it a few more years and they might give high-end gaming laptops a run for their money. That being said, I still wouldn't buy a Mac...