Register Now
Sharon

Any Pac-Man fans here?

I've got to be honest and this... looks awful.

There's a million ways to play the classic Pac-Man without this, the Pac-Man side scrollers are notoriously terrible and no Ms Pac-Man in the collection? Add to that a very suspicious currency = reward system and my enthusiasm for this evaporates very quickly.

I've always loved Pac-Man. But if I'm being honest, while it looks enjoyable, it's giving off red flags as being nothing but a massive microtransaction. I would be wary of it. I would have to do a lot more research on the game, and hear what those who actually get it when it's released say on the matter.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 11/21/2021 at 6:48 PM, Shagger said:

I've got to be honest and this... looks awful.

There's a million ways to play the classic Pac-Man without this, the Pac-Man side scrollers are notoriously terrible and no Ms Pac-Man in the collection? Add to that a very suspicious currency = reward system and my enthusiasm for this evaporates very quickly.

I wish I could dispute what you're saying, but I have to agree, much as I don't want to. One of the first things I noticed was that there wasn't a mention of Ms. Pac-Man anywhere. I also noticed that there wasn't a mention of Jr. Pac-Man either. It wasn't as big as his daddy, but was still a massive hit on Atari 2600.

There's just too many unanswered questions and red flags at this point for me.

But it would be nice to see Winky, Blinky, Inky, and Dot on the Switch.

Edited by The Blackangel