Register Now
Heatman

Could games make one an introvert?

Is there any possibility of being excessively involved with playing video games capable of making one become an introvert. 

Personally, I think it's possible when you don't use to get a life outside your home most often but being very comfortable with your games indoors. 

I don't think it does anymore than tv watching or internet. I think life itself is what makes one an introvert whether from personality, past experiences, or your built environment where it may be hard to access other activities. Or it could be not having transportation or money to do other things. And in the future where accessing leisure activities becomes even harder due to increased population and the advancement of VR headsets, we may very well just forget about the outside world and get everything we need strapped to the VR machine. Gaming doesn't socially distance you, but your environment does. And look at all the people hooked on social media. That is a far greater placement of a social life that I think helps drive people to be more of an introvert because they are more concerned with online popularity more than real life popularity. So after all is said, it's technology and the destruction of social spaces in the real world, and life's polarization, which drives a normal socially healthy person to be an introvert. 

On 11/22/2021 at 7:42 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I don't think it does anymore than tv watching or internet. I think life itself is what makes one an introvert whether from personality, past experiences, or your built environment where it may be hard to access other activities. Or it could be not having transportation or money to do other things. And in the future where accessing leisure activities becomes even harder due to increased population and the advancement of VR headsets, we may very well just forget about the outside world and get everything we need strapped to the VR machine. Gaming doesn't socially distance you, but your environment does. And look at all the people hooked on social media. That is a far greater placement of a social life that I think helps drive people to be more of an introvert because they are more concerned with online popularity more than real life popularity. So after all is said, it's technology and the destruction of social spaces in the real world, and life's polarization, which drives a normal socially healthy person to be an introvert. 

I completely agree with you on the point of social media have been a very huge factor in making people to stick to themselves being online so much than they interact with people physically because they tend to spend a lot of time online than they do in real life with people that they associate with.

4 hours ago, PGen98 said:

No, I think those that are introverts (like me) are born with that particular characteristic, and games are just a natural fit for the introvert personality.

Hmm 🤔, that's interesting. I never thought of it from that angle and when I look at it very closely, it looks like you have got a point. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Staying too indoors can make someone shy away from the public gatherings. It's always necessary at times to go out from the home and associate with people. Everyday isn't about gaming, we learn from others too. 

Wrong. Very very wrong. It's not necessary in any way to associate with people. Many people lead a healthy life without human contact. Some are agoraphobic and can't handle human contact. I'm not agoraphobic, I just hate people. Which is why I keep all interaction with people strictly online. I don't have to be around them physically to know whether I feel they are worth my time. I live in a town of 150k people. 149,994 people in this town can all go fuck themselves, myself included. There are 6 people that matter to me in this town. My best friend lives about an hour away, but I'm talking about my town specifically.

Human interaction is nothing that is warranted. Recommended by people that don't know what they're talking about, yes. People who say it's recommended don't know what the real world is like. It's not healthy for the mind to be around people, and it's often not healthy for the body of others.

Edited by The Blackangel

30 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Wrong. Very very wrong. It's not necessary in any way to associate with people. Many people lead a healthy life without human contact. Some are agoraphobic and can't handle human contact. I'm not agoraphobic, I just hate people. Which is why I keep all interaction with people strictly online. I don't have to be around them physically to know whether I feel they are worth my time. I live in a town of 150k people. 149,994 people in this town can all go fuck themselves, myself included. There are 6 people that matter to me in this town. My best friend lives about an hour away, but I'm talking about my town specifically.

Human interaction is nothing that is warranted. Recommended by people that don't know what they're talking about, yes. People who say it's recommended don't know what the real world is like. It's not healthy for the mind to be around people, and it's often not healthy for the body of others.

You said you hate people right? then why do you have a best friend? Lol. I don't hate anyone, I know some persons aren't worth interacting with. When I discover how toxic their lifestyle is, I quickly desert myself from such a person. I understand that some persons love indoor life, and I wouldn't ask such categories of people to change from what they're used to. I sometimes stay indoors, but I'm not 100% indoor type, because I have lots of errands to execute offline. 

I have a best friend, because I can. I hate humans, but there is always an exception to every rule. Of this planet, the six I mentioned are the only ones that matter to me out of the 8 billion that inhabit the earth. I am not one of the six. I don't give a half a shit about what happens on my end, good or bad. Live or die, it doesn't matter. I care about those six, because they have earned it.

A sociopath has the capacity to care about a few people. But the majority don't mean shit to us.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

21 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I have a best friend, because I can. I hate humans, but there is always an exception to every rule. Of this planet, the six I mentioned are the only ones that matter to me out of the 8 billion that inhabit the earth. I am not one of the six. I don't give a half a shit about what happens on my end, good or bad. Live or die, it doesn't matter. I care about those six, because they have earned it.

A sociopath has the capacity to care about a few people. But the majority don't mean shit to us.

Since you hate other humans, and like only the six which are closer to you. Then it means you'll only need their help and the rest humans isn't of help to you. But do you think is possible? We need the help of others and not primarily those close to us. I believe you have siblings or relatives, do you hate them as well? I know you're a Christian, so you hate your pastors and church members as well? 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Since you hate other humans, and like only the six which are closer to you. Then it means you'll only need their help and the rest humans isn't of help to you. But do you think is possible? We need the help of others and not primarily those close to us. I believe you have siblings or relatives, do you hate them as well? I know you're a Christian, so you hate your pastors and church members as well? 

Ok, I have to address the big one first.
Where the fuck did you get the idea that I'm xtian? It's a well known fact around here that I'm Satanic. I'm a card carrying member of The Satanic Temple. Making an assumption like that is flat out fucking stupid.

Now as for needing help, I don't ask for the help of anyone. If I can't do something for myself, then I'm fucked and that's the end of it.

You make another idiotic assumption. How do you get the idea that I have siblings? Have I mentioned something to that effect and simply forgotten about it?
And yes, I despise my entire bloodline. I hope they have all died. And I hope it was excruciatingly painful.

I refuse to tolerate stupidity, which means I'm a hairs breath away from blocking your ass.

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Ok, I have to address the big one first.
Where the fuck did you get the idea that I'm xtian? It's a well known fact around here that I'm Satanic. I'm a card carrying member of The Satanic Temple. Making an assumption like that is flat out fucking stupid.

Now as for needing help, I don't ask for the help of anyone. If I can't do something for myself, then I'm fucked and that's the end of it.

You make another idiotic assumption. How do you get the idea that I have siblings? Have I mentioned something to that effect and simply forgotten about it?
And yes, I despise my entire bloodline. I hope they have all died. And I hope it was excruciatingly painful.

I refuse to tolerate stupidity, which means I'm a hairs breath away from blocking your ass.

You sound very satanic indeed, someone portraying God's own qualities wouldn't go as far as using those provocative words which you're using. You despise your siblings and wish them dead? That's ridiculous indeed. No matter what your siblings or relatives might have caused you in life you shouldn't wish evil to them. With what you've said, I don't think you worship God either. 

Am I that transparent? your "god" is nothing more than a figment of your imagination. Your religion is nothing more than organized crime. I would never lower myself to that status. I would never worship your "god". I'm not gullible, delusional, or stupid. Also my imaginary friend state ended when I was 4. And any church that would excommunicate a 3 year old isn't worthy of the child.

And again, when did I say I have siblings? Point me to that comment. If you can't then

STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY GOD DAMN MOUTH YOU FUCKING MORON

And just FYI, if I had the power I Would destroy xtianity. I would remove it from the earth. The people, objects, locations, all of it. I absolutely despise xtianity. I would love to watch it all burn. I've been to a couple book burnings, and just to offend and piss them off I threw bibles in the fire. And what do you know of Satanism? Have you ever looked into it? If you check out TST you will see that there are seven tenets.

1) One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.

2) The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

3) One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

4) The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.

5) Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.

6) People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.

7) Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

Do I follow them to the letter? No. I do not. I do not feel that everyone deserves compassion. Therefore, I will not tolerate stupidity. i will read one more reply from you, and if it follows what you have been posting thus far, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED.