Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Ahmaud Arbery killers found guilty-and the victim was demonized as typical of black people in America

Let's change the location. Let's change the judge and replace with Rittenhouse's judge. Would the outcome have been different? This verdict was only days after Rittenhouse was found not guilty of being a vigilante praying on protestors. But in this case, 3 white men tried to place a citizen's arrest on an unarmed black man while jogging, and ended up shooting him dead. 

I want to point out a very disturbing thing an attorney said to jurors that is a sort of dog whistle of racist rhetoric that has similarities to runaway slaves. There was a photo of Arbery's autopsy that showed his feet and this was said of his toenails to the jury:

"Turning Ahmaud Arbery into a victim after the choices that he made does not reflect the reality of what brought Ahmaud Arbery to Satilla Shores in his khaki shorts with no socks to cover his long, dirty toenails," attorney Laura Hogue told the jurors.

'His long, dirty toenails?' That is a clear reference to a runaway slave, or portraying him as a beast, unkempt hygiene, less than human. That is just a really sick thing to say to the jury. But it is something that has been a common trend in how black people are treated differently as a victim. So we should familiarize ourselves with this kind of language and understand its intent. This was another high profile case that could have easily set those men free after their murder if they had a different judge or all white jury. And in this case all were white except for one black on the jury. So it was a very close call. 

But this system of vigilantism and citizen's arrest tend to favor those with oppressive and racist intentions further leading to oppression and racism in a country that has an ugly history.

Here is a good article about that case and more of what I'm talking about.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/25/us/ahmaud-arbery-racist-rhetoric-trial-takeaways/index.html

Racism have proven to be elusive, and it's becoming a burden in the current system of things. It was rarely seen publicly but this days  is becoming more and more popular, going from public to viral, killings coming from racism is becoming unbearable too. What caused it? Simply different 'races, that differs in skin colour, appearance scene and otherwise. 

It has also come to light that Georgia District Attorney Jackie Johnson has been arrested and is charged with violation of oath of a public officer and hindering a law enforcement officer relating to this case that delayed justice of Arbery's murder and she is facing prison as well. These are all obstacles people of color have to face in a country that is in hard lined denial of systemic racism; citizen's arrest of a black man jogging in a white neighborhood; murdered if they didn't comply; District attorney trying to hinder justice; lawyers demonizing the victim to the jury; Kevin Gough defense attorney tried to get the judge to not allow any black pastors in the court room and complained that 'Bubba' and 'Joe Six Pack' are underrepresented in the pool of jurors, meaning there weren't enough of the southern white men type, or the red neck type to be the jury. These are the types of things that needs to be cleaned out of our justice systems. I say there needs to be mandatory diversity in all jury for all cases. When do you ever hear an all black jury and a white man as defendant? Umm never. This case would have set three killers free in a different court room in a different town. At least there is three less thugs off the street and possibly four if Johnson is found guilty. 

12 hours ago, Jayson said:

This might not really have been about race, but about middle/upper class paranoia of thieves.  A lot of the suburban types simply despise anyone poorer than they are.   In fact, the shooting doesn't surprise me at all. 

The murderers are now on trial to see if what they did was a hate crime which would add to their sentence. The FBI has revealed that they used a bunch of racial slurs in texts and social media. 

I know, I know, its a bitch waking up from denial.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/testimony-resume-ahmaud-arbery-death-hate-crimes-case-82920056

14 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

The murderers are now on trial to see if what they did was a hate crime which would add to their sentence. The FBI has revealed that they used a bunch of racial slurs in texts and social media. 

I know, I know, its a bitch waking up from denial.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/testimony-resume-ahmaud-arbery-death-hate-crimes-case-82920056

Well, no doubt that could be the case.  But you can see that property owners are becoming very anti-human these days or maybe they've always been that way.    It's all in the name of defending property from threats.

All three were found guilty of hate crimes to add to their sentence, but it's something any sane person already knew. As mentioned before, with a different judge, jury, those murderers would be free.

There is something called 'peremptory challenges' that is legal in the court system. It's when the defendant or attorney can excuse jurors who they think may be biased, but that is only if the accusers don't present a 'prima facie' argument that the defendant's reason was racially motivated. I know it's confusing. But in this case the defendant's attorney wanted more 'Bubba' and 'Joe six pack' on the jury so their 'peremptory challenge' didn't quite go as planned. 

But even if a jury was replaced, there still should always be mandatory diversity on all jury. So the replacement jury will still have other ethnic groups. That way they can't keep claiming 'peremptory challenges' just because a couple black people were in there. So diverse jury should be mandatory in all jury, in every city. 

So in Arizona, republicans are trying to pass a bill HB 2413 to get rid of peremptory challenges in the court room. And the reason is obvious: to prevent black defendants from using their right to change a jury that is all white. And of course it goes both ways, but since most of the time it's a black defendant and all white jury, it's obvious that blacks will be affected the most. But hey, since it goes both ways I hope the bill backfires on them. 

Well, from white nationalists and the like, you hear blacks are getting a slap on the wrist.  In fact, there was recently a death of an uber driver by a low-educated black person that was not covered widely on media, as usual.     Well, I'm not trying to stir hate on here, but that's just the facts of the U.S. media.

Nonetheless, I do think massive emphasis on crimes where the assailant was black would explode racial hatred in the US and that would be bad.  However, where is the fairness and justice?

Edited by Jayson

4 hours ago, Jayson said:

Well, from white nationalists and the like, you hear blacks are getting a slap on the wrist.  In fact, there was recently a death of an uber driver by a low-educated black person that was not covered widely on media, as usual.     Well, I'm not trying to stir hate on here, but that's just the facts of the U.S. media.

Nonetheless, I do think massive emphasis on crimes where the assailant was black would explode racial hatred in the US and that would be bad.  However, where is the fairness and justice?

Did you really just insist that blacks are getting a slap on the wrist? You really are from another planet. And you really just had to say the death from an uber driver was by a 'low educated' black person. Why would you even say 'low educated'? What point is that? 

On 2/27/2022 at 12:26 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Did you really just insist that blacks are getting a slap on the wrist? You really are from another planet. And you really just had to say the death from an uber driver was by a 'low educated' black person. Why would you even say 'low educated'? What point is that? 

Well, I don't know if he was low-educated or not.   However, it's a proven fact that a lot of violent criminals in prisons are that way.  Now, society has probably given them a bad hand in life.  That's a sad thing.  Nonetheless, I'm just speaking the facts.  Of course, racists would emphasize these facts to demonize particular ethnic groups.

3 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Like you just did by saying ‘low educated?’ You are reiterating things the far right says and supports to make your points. That makes you no different. 

It's impossible to explain non-far left points in any fashion without seeming like a far-right person to certain people.   Well, an assumption is made by some that the right-wing is all the same.  It would be like saying the whole left-wing is the same.

16 minutes ago, Jayson said:

It's impossible to explain non-far left points in any fashion without seeming like a far-right person to certain people.   Well, an assumption is made by some that the right-wing is all the same.  It would be like saying the whole left-wing is the same.

It IS possible to explain things w/o the need to degrade a person’s education. Your approach to discussions by trying to cast yourself as a right wing ‘shadow’ doesn’t work when it’s your own shadow. Meaning, you own what you say. 

20 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

It IS possible to explain things w/o the need to degrade a person’s education. Your approach to discussions by trying to cast yourself as a right wing ‘shadow’ doesn’t work when it’s your own shadow. Meaning, you own what you say. 

You got angry youth, possibly influenced by the thug culture - who are massively misogynistic, just like those white racist pigs.   They are just rough to be around and many end up behind bars.