Register Now
Kane99

Hellblade 2 - Going to get it when it releases?

1 minute ago, m76 said:

Sorry,I wrote that review when the game was released, so I don't remember exactly what was in it.

But if I did spell it out then how am I being accused of not understanding it?

Because whilst you got that Senua as mentally ill, you failed to fully understand how that was researched and then incorporated into the game through the story and even the gameplay itself. I can't be bothered explaining this to you because I know it's a waste of time, but check out this kind on mini-review I posted in another topic that I think was before you arrived here, maybe that will help. Now, goodnight.

4 minutes ago, Shagger said:

The cut scenes were, not the voices in her head

But the cutscenes and the voices in her head, they are all the same, figments of her imagination. I did not think the distinction was necessary. But you are right the mentor figure only appears in cutscenes as far as I can remember 4 years back.

The fitness of Senua was hardly the theme. It get's mentioned a lot in the dev diary's because it changed on no less than two occasions and the wanted to make clear what the focus was with the design (realism over style, mostly), but it's not the heart and soul of the character. We're well aware of how you stand on the representation of woman in video games and you wanted the body of a fitness model over the more regular looking woman. It's embarrassing enough on your part without lying about it.

Yes I'd have preferred the look of a fitness model, why should I be ashamed of that. Or is having preferences now problematic?

I'm only offering some constructive critique here. It's up to you how you take it it. You can try and learn from it or you can go back to your pram and throw your toys out, it doesn't matter to me.

You are right I could've explained how the mental health aspect ties into the gameplay , but I dId not find it important enough. Believe me sometimes I cringe when I read my older reviews, and sometimes I even change them.