Register Now
Kane99

Ubisoft Has Filed a Trademark for New Splinter Cell Game

News from  - https://exputer.com/news/games/new-splinter-cell-game-reportedly-in-development/

More Splinter Cell would be awesome right about now. Last Splinter Cell game was something I kinda got into, but the copy I had wasn't working properly due to a scratch in the disc. I think it was too deep. Anyway, that's not the point of the topic. What is, is that Ubisoft has filed a new trademark for a possibly new Splinter Cell game. The trademark was filed last week, and the description of that stated: 

“Entertainment services, namely, providing an on-line computer game for others over global and local area computer networks; Entertainment services, namely, continuing television programs and interactive television programs featuring comedy, drama, live-action, and animation, broadcast over television, satellite, audio, and video media; presentation of live stage show performances, presentation of live show performances by costumed characters, and presentation of live theatrical performances; production and distribution of television shows and motion pictures;” 

After this, more leaks came out saying that a new Splinter Cell could feature an open world map, where it will be more stealthier than Assassin's Creed. What this means, is we're getting (possibly) an open world Splinter Cell game. I'm all for that. 

Do you think an open world Splinter Cell game would be worth it? 

I would never buy this even if I were a fan. The recent issues of surrounding Ubisoft ( as well as Activision Blizzard) just make it very difficult for me to support them. Still, I'm sure fans will happily ignore all that just because they want to be entertained.

Ghost recon is my favorite open world shooter so I'm not gonna complain. But yea that's not a splinter cell game. He was actually in the latest game I think. So for the most part they have been yanking ideas from metal gear solid 5 as it is. They may as well fully commit and do the whole thing because Konami sure won't.

If you loved how the franchise felt back during Chaos Theory, there’s an indie company making a Spies vs Mercs game called “Spectre”. It looks pretty damn good so far