Register Now
Techno

MCU Phase 1 Review: The Incredible Hulk

This is my second part of the MCU phase 1 review, I will be doing all 6 films, and then rank all the films.

SPOLIER WARNING

The Incredible Hulk, is the most unknown of the MCU films, it has the lowest box office performance (so far). It is perhaps, the least popular MCU film.

The Story: The Incredible Hulk is not a very interesting film, it has a very tame story. There is stakes, but they don't feel world-ending or personnel. This feels more rushed than Iron Man. But to be fair, it doesn't really hurt the film, rather it dulls it a little bit more. (2/5) 

The Characters: The actors are good, but there isn't really anything special about them. There is no charm, wit, or emotion on them. The characters are the same way, Bruce Banner feels real enough, but the side characters are uninteresting, and feel stale. (2/5)

The Villain: The Abomination is not a very good villain, Iron Monger at least was an actual character, while he feels like more of a plot point rather than a person. (1/5)

The Soundtrack: I cant remember a single piece of music from this film. (1/5)

The Importance: The film was mainly abandoned after it's release. The only big thing to come out of the film was Hulk, but Shang-Chi did bring back Abomination, and General Ross has returned in some movies, but overall, you could skip it. (3/5) 

Final Thoughts: The Incredible Hulk is the weakest film of Phase 1, it doesn't really do anything, nothing here feels special. Everything here is dull and lifeless. That's probably the best way to describe this film: dull and lifeless.

Final Score: (2/5)

On 2/19/2022 at 2:23 PM, kingpotato said:

I agree 100% with your review, you basically skip this movie and it wouldt matter. Is entertaining yes, but out the whole MCU phase 1 is the weakest. Also the after credits scene shows Tony Stark talking to General Ross about Hulk but that side story was never explored and that was a dissapointment. 

I agree - I did watch the movie but it doesn't have a huge impact on the Marvel movie franchise storywise but it was entertaining nonetheless.