Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did anyone get any cool games or hardware for the holidays?

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Elden Ring looks crazy. I don't know if it's the type of game for me, but with it being made by the team behind Dark Souls and Bloodborne, it's probably going to be pretty dope. 

Being made by From Software is enough to personally put me off. They have for years pushed the illusion if they make a hard game, like that automatically makes it a good game, when in reality thier games don't challenge strategy nor skill at all. I'm sad I'm the only one who sees that. Thier philosophy towards combat is fine, It's thier philosophy towards difficulty (and not letting you fucking pause!) that's flawed.

Translated from a From Software game.

This game you're playing is the most important thing and, in fact, the ONLY thing in your life. how dare you ignore me! Even for your own real life convivence! Fuck any phone calls, ignore anyone at the door and you don't need food because I've got plenty of BULLSHIT for you to eat. You like that? You like a boring story that doesn't matter because you'll never remember between checkpoints buy non-consistently dying all the time? Well FUCK YOU for not remembering something that was uninteresting to begin with. you'll like it because it's ME telling it! You don't get basic quality of life gameplay mechanics no matter how much sense they make and how little they take from the challenge of combat. You wanna pause to take a shit? Fuck you! How dare you ignore me! You have to deal with AI that prays on you're natural instincts (like changing attack direction when you hit the dodge button), unfair hitboxes that make hit's count even though the attract clearly missed and even a level select that's a beginners trap. Because I said so. You don't play me, I play you. And you're a fucking idiot, the perfect person to control. Now I command to you bully anyone who struggles with my games, that will feed me..."

"Because I'm a "Souls Game

"Fucking bow!".

Edited by Shagger

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Elden Ring looks crazy. I don't know if it's the type of game for me, but with it being made by the team behind Dark Souls and Bloodborne, it's probably going to be pretty dope. 

Let's watch out how the game will turn out to be in the future. I believe it will be dope, but the release date is not mentioned yet. The devs knows exactly when it is right to release the game for gamers. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Seriously, it's actually one of the biggest reasons why I can't miss out on the game because it's been made my FromSoftware Inc. 

25 minutes ago, Empire said:

Nope, partly as I have not had the extra crash or the ales are really bad this year. 

The year is still very young, so you don't have to worry about it too much. Once time gets by, you will definitely see things would get better.