Register Now
StaceyPowers

Why isn’t FMV more common?

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Some tech loses its value when a far more better one comes into the picture and it's extremely what happened to the use of FMV (full motion video) in making games. 

That's exactly what happened to the use of FMV in video games. The days are gone when game companies focused on that, the choice goes to other better alternative to drive them more sales on what the gamers like. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's exactly what happened to the use of FMV in video games. The days are gone when game companies focused on that, the choice goes to other better alternative to drive them more sales on what the gamers like. 

Yeah, such games can't sell well now when compared to what we have in the gaming industry now. Everything is intensified to match reality. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, such games can't sell well now when compared to what we have in the gaming industry now. Everything is intensified to match reality. 

Seriously, what's even the last game that you played that's FMV built in for full compatibility? I can't really remember the last time I played such games. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

Correct, video games are simply matching the kind of quality we have in real life. That's why the era of FMV have folded, the companies have passed that level. 

On 1/10/2022 at 3:55 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, what's even the last game that you played that's FMV built in for full compatibility? I can't really remember the last time I played such games. 

They aren't that common these days and it's why most gamers are not really committed to playing games like that. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

They aren't that common these days and it's why most gamers are not really committed to playing games like that. 

Yeah exactly, they are not common but it doesn't change the fact that there are some gamers who plays games like that.. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Even if it isn't popular like before in video games, some gamers find peace playing the FMV games, I do play them too. 

Yeah, there is always a possibility that some gamers would still be into play that kind of game as it's a choice thing. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah exactly, they are not common but it doesn't change the fact that there are some gamers who plays games like that.. 

Exactly, hell there are some gamers who are still currently playing on PlayStation 1 and they are very well enjoying it. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, hell there are some gamers who are still currently playing on PlayStation 1 and they are very well enjoying it. 

Yeah, that's very correct because I have actually friends that are still playing on their Playstation 1 console, although they have PS4 too. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's very correct because I have actually friends that are still playing on their Playstation 1 console, although they have PS4 too. 

It's actually just them reliving their old memories of playing with older consoles that still makes them go back to playing with PS1. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's actually just them reliving their old memories of playing with older consoles that still makes them go back to playing with PS1. 

Exactly, it's the same thing with me when it comes to my going back to my Sega console once in a while when I play it. 

On 1/12/2022 at 7:23 PM, Heatman said:

Yeah, there is always a possibility that some gamers would still be into play that kind of game as it's a choice thing. 

If you go around online gaming communities where conversations is more vast with lots of gamers you'll definitely find people who are still into it to date. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

If you go around online gaming communities where conversations is more vast with lots of gamers you'll definitely find people who are still into it to date. 

Yeah, that's something that's a lot likely to happen because we gamers have different kind of taste.