Register Now
StormyFire

Game size

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The PS3 didn't have a whole lot of space, because the games were smaller and most ran straight from the disc. There wasn't much to download other than your save data. So it was decided that the PS3 didn't need a particularly big hard drive. Hell the first ones that came out (the ones that could play PS2 games) only had 20g-40g hard drives. So it wasn't much of a concern at the time.

Precisely, games nowadays are like 10 to 20 GB per download and some are over 200 GB such as COD and Battlefield. The PS3 belonged to a far different era. Most of the downloadable ones I remembered were something like 100 MB.

23 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The PS3 didn't have a whole lot of space, because the games were smaller and most ran straight from the disc. There wasn't much to download other than your save data. So it was decided that the PS3 didn't need a particularly big hard drive. Hell the first ones that came out (the ones that could play PS2 games) only had 20g-40g hard drives. So it wasn't much of a concern at the time.

Correct. I never really had issues with hard drive running low, due to my PS3 games being compressed to consume normal memory space. 

21 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

If I see that my PS4 hard drive is fully occupied due to large video game file, then I'll simply buy external then, go for subscription games, where I wouldn't download straight up. 

I think there is no option with the AAA these days, you just have to buy them, I hope cloud games improve to handle this.

On 2/14/2022 at 7:40 AM, skyfire said:

I think there is no option with the AAA these days, you just have to buy them, I hope cloud games improve to handle this.

With time who knows, it can go straight up for subscription via cloud games. At this time, it is simply moving up to digital gradually soon we'll not have much of the games to buy in physical version.