Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most distinctive environments in open world games?

29 minutes ago, Boblee said:

If you know New York City very well, and have played any of the Spiderman's games, you will see that it's a pure replication of the city. 

I have played Spiderman the Marvel's edition very little. Such made me not to capture the locations to know if it's New York truly. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I have played Spiderman the Marvel's edition very little. Such made me not to capture the locations to know if it's New York truly. 

This video would help you pick out all the amazing locations in the game. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Wonderful, it resembled GTA kind of game when I saw Spiderman jump down from the top roof. 

Personally, I really enjoyed the view of New York City from playing the game being that I have never been to New York. 

5 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Personally, I really enjoyed the view of New York City from playing the game being that I have never been to New York. 

Such feelings brings enthusiasm to gamers, gives you the feeling you're spending time around one of the best cities in the world. That's why I am speculating and wanting to see VR introduced fully into video games. Where we'll have the feelings of VR world in a beautiful city. 

I see open world games just as something that has a very high replay value. For example, if i play linear game, there's usually nothing to do when the game is completed, therefore, player just deletes it and looks for another game but in an open world game once the campaign is done, you still have side quests, collectables, outposts, roaming enemies, etc. If you liked the world, you can still live in it. The downside of all this is that open world games must usually have very satisfying gameplay and devs don't have unlimited resources - so, they usually sacrifice the story. Hence, we have such games like Assassin's Creed that have cool gameplay but meh story.

18 hours ago, Empire said:

I see open world games just as something that has a very high replay value. For example, if i play linear game, there's usually nothing to do when the game is completed, therefore, player just deletes it and looks for another game but in an open world game once the campaign is done, you still have side quests, collectables, outposts, roaming enemies, etc. If you liked the world, you can still live in it. The downside of all this is that open world games must usually have very satisfying gameplay and devs don't have unlimited resources - so, they usually sacrifice the story. Hence, we have such games like Assassin's Creed that have cool gameplay but meh story.

Yeah, that's practically how open world games are designed with inspired missions that's going to keep you with the game for longer than you expected.