Register Now
StaceyPowers

Tip for deleting individual saves on PS5

So, for some stupid reason, it is impossible to delete individual saves on PS5 via the PS5 menus. But I did discover a workaround I wanted to share.

If you go into the game you want to delete the saves for, you can just start saving over the old saves in many cases. It is not an ideal solution, but it does delete them and help you conserve space. This is very helpful if you are playing a game like Skyrim where you are going to end up with a ton of saves.

On 2/26/2022 at 11:07 PM, StaceyPowers said:

So, for some stupid reason, it is impossible to delete individual saves on PS5 via the PS5 menus. But I did discover a workaround I wanted to share.

If you go into the game you want to delete the saves for, you can just start saving over the old saves in many cases. It is not an ideal solution, but it does delete them and help you conserve space. This is very helpful if you are playing a game like Skyrim where you are going to end up with a ton of saves.

I'm going to sharing this with a friend of mine who's got Playstation 5 already, as I believe it's going to be very helpful to him. 

8 hours ago, Empire said:

Just override them I say and not worry about removing them 🙂 I mean it still have space left to save more and more. 

That's very correct, having them overridden is definitely going to do this work without much stress. Why didn't I think about that initially 😂

11 hours ago, Empire said:

Just override them I say and not worry about removing them 🙂 I mean it still have space left to save more and more. 

Would doing that override really work in this situation? If yes, then it solves the problem a lot more easier I guess. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's already been tested and confirmed. It works like a charm!! 

That's been registered very well for me. I think system override does that kind of thing to most issues and not just for gaming systems issues.