Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

What is perfect fun gameplay? No sports

6 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I don't believe perfect fun gameplay is subjective at all. Fun isn't subjective. Fun is what causes smiles and laughs. I don't see how strategy games, plotting attacks creates laughter. If you constantly deal with bugs in a game, then that's not perfect fun. Enjoying entertainment is subjective. That could be absolutely anything. Fun has very little pause. Fun is constant. Fun doesn't pick you up and drop you like a bad habit. Perfect fun gameplay has no breaks in fun. That's why I left out sports. Because sports many times are constant fun. So that's why I wanted to leave it off and focus on non sport games that don't pause in fun. What makes a person all laughs and smiles can be subjective. Whether that being slaughtering zombies, hacking demons, or rolling around in a tank in the city. But fun itself is not subjective. Fun doesn't quit till you quit the game.  Fun gameplay once again I have to say is constant. There is no pause. No strategizing, no drama, no interruptions. So you could say my interpretation of fun is subjective. So for this thread I'll focus on my interpretation of fun. Perfect fun is uninterrupted smiles and laughs till you stop playing the game. I should have been more clear. I wasn't expecting Murder She Wrote to be perfect fun for some people. 😄 Anyways. I'm right and yer wrong lol

First of all, I don't care what anyone says, Murder She Wrote kicks ass! Secondly your the one that's completely wrong here.  Thirdly you can cut that "I'm right and yer wrong lol" crap or we are gonna have a problem!  That attitude is completely uncalled for.

You seem to be associating the term "fun" exclusively with the laughing and smiling type of experience, but that's not the only way people have "fun".  Enjoyable experiences also come from being aroused, surprised, intellectually stimulated and winning.  Even negative stimulation like sorrow, shock, terror and sometimes even pain.  Why else would people enjoy horror movies, bungie jumping, crying at opera's and BDSM.

But no, it's seems that in gaming the only way to have fun is you narrow definition of "what causes smiles and laughs" and "fun itself is not subjective".  Are you for real?  If that were true we wouldn't even be having this discussion because we would all the be playing the same games doing the same thing.

I'll be honest here, your version of "perfect fun":

6 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

So perfect fun gameplay once again I have to say is constant. There is no pause. No strategizing, no drama, no interruptions...... Perfect fun is uninterrupted smiles and laughs till you stop playing the game.

Sounds stressful as fuck to me!  Continuous sensory load with no breaks with non stop smiling and laughing?  I'd think I'd have a heart attack!  But that's fine, you do you.  I don't see why you feel the need to jump down other people because they find some something dramatic like The last of Us "fun", or least not your kind of fun.

I'm genuinely baffled at the idea you seem fun isn't subjective.  That is so academically incorrect and I know you're smart.  You even mentioned in your post "you could say my interpretation of fun is subjective" so I don't see what kind of message your trying to get across here.

For me, the definition of the perfect fun gameplay is Sandbox. I like sandbox because this kind of game play allows you to create, build and explore your creativity. There is no rush, you can take your time and enjoy every moment.

9 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

First of all, I don't care what anyone says, Murder She Wrote kicks ass! Secondly your the one that's completely wrong here.  Thirdly you can cut that "I'm right and yer wrong lol" crap or we are gonna have a problem!  That attitude is completely uncalled for.

You seem to be associating the term "fun" exclusively with the laughing and smiling type of experience, but that's not the only way people have "fun".  Enjoyable experiences also come from being aroused, surprised, intellectually stimulated and winning.  Even negative stimulation like sorrow, shock, terror and sometimes even pain.  Why else would people enjoy horror movies, bungie jumping, crying at opera's and BDSM.

But no, it's seems that in gaming the only way to have fun is you narrow definition of "what causes smiles and laughs" and "fun itself is not subjective".  Are you for real?  If that were true we wouldn't even be having this discussion because we would all the be playing the same games doing the same thing.

I'll be honest here, your version of "perfect fun":

Sounds stressful as fuck to me!  Continuous sensory load with no breaks with non stop smiling and laughing?  I'd think I'd have a heart attack!  But that's fine, you do you.  I don't see why you feel the need to jump down other people because they find some something dramatic like The last of Us "fun", or least not your kind of fun.

I'm genuinely baffled at the idea you seem fun isn't subjective.  That is so academically incorrect and I know you're smart.  You even mentioned in your post "you could say my interpretation of fun is subjective" so I don't see what kind of message your trying to get across here.

You completely butchered the guy and I get the reason why you had to do that. It's not nice when one tries to make you accept something that you aren't good with but at the same time disagree with your own opinion which is based on your feelings towards something. That's totally wrong. No one knows exactly what's fun to you but you only.