Register Now
Justin11

Do you see Karim Benzema's achievements in 2021/2022 season propelling him winning the balloon d'or?

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Not yet at that point, when the fixture comes up, I'll give my take based on the two teams current form. For now, the season is yet to start and I can't give my two cents of prediction on the outcome of such contest that is a little bit far. 

Well, that's fair enough , lets just wait and see how events turn up and then we could predict the out come of that match.

But as a loyal fan I am still routing for my team Barcelona to win even if the match is still months ahead.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's going to be strange seeing the World Cup in November - I'm used to celebrating in the summer heat but this year, I'll have to tucked away in a blanket lol. On another note, I want to see an El Classico in the the UCL - It's been so many years since it's happened. The El Classico the other day was entertaining and that was just a preseason game.

Lol. I think you just spoke my mind

An el classico in the UCL hasn't happened for sometime now and I would really like it to happen this year and I must say the chances are really high, but it still quite early to make predictions though.

Over here it's gonna be cold and dusty in November and Maybe it could still be raining our weather is always unpredictable and very funny at times either ways nothing can stop me from enjoying the world cup with some drinks.

12 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Well, that's fair enough , lets just wait and see how events turn up and then we could predict the out come of that match.

But as a loyal fan I am still routing for my team Barcelona to win even if the match is still months ahead.

I love Barcelona and Barcelona is my favourite team, but I want PSG to win, they've really spent whole lot of money in players recruitment. And also for the sake of my favorite player 'L. Messi, I just want PSG to go all the way this time. 

On 7/26/2022 at 5:27 PM, Clasher said:

Lol. I think you just spoke my mind

An el classico in the UCL hasn't happened for sometime now and I would really like it to happen this year and I must say the chances are really high, but it still quite early to make predictions though.

Over here it's gonna be cold and dusty in November and Maybe it could still be raining our weather is always unpredictable and very funny at times either ways nothing can stop me from enjoying the world cup with some drinks.

The fact that club football will be hiatus throughout the whole thing is even more bizarre.

On 7/26/2022 at 5:31 PM, Justin11 said:

I love Barcelona and Barcelona is my favourite team, but I want PSG to win, they've really spent whole lot of money in players recruitment. And also for the sake of my favorite player 'L. Messi, I just want PSG to go all the way this time. 

I don't want PSG to win it and it's because they're just a financial duped up club that has barely any history but always act like they're some big club like Barcelona when they're not even bigger than Lyon or Marsielle who have won the Champions league before.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The fact that club football will be hiatus throughout the whole thing is even more bizarre.

It has always been like that in time past as you can't have players trying to secure a world cup win for their country and still be focused enough on their club football, there have to prioritize one over the other.

14 hours ago, Clasher said:

It has always been like that in time past as you can't have players trying to secure a world cup win for their country and still be focused enough on their club football, there have to prioritize one over the other.

I get that but I'm curious if the players will be given short breaks after the world cup or will they just go back to club football immediately after. On another note, it's being reported that Real Madrid wants Broja from Chelsea as backup to Benzema. I just think that Real Madrid should look for a more developed backup as Broja is very raw.

I believe their will be one month break for the players after the World cup. They can't just run straight back up to the league resumption. If not, their will be lots of fatigue. The world cup will impact exclusively in the next balloon d'or award after Benzema's own. 

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I believe their will be one month break for the players after the World cup. They can't just run straight back up to the league resumption. If not, their will be lots of fatigue. The world cup will impact exclusively in the next balloon d'or award after Benzema's own. 

Maybe, maybe not - I mean Messi and Ronaldo have won Ballon D'or plenty of times and neither has ever won the world cup so I don't think it impacts the voting decision as much as their performance at club level. 

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Maybe, maybe not - I mean Messi and Ronaldo have won Ballon D'or plenty of times and neither has ever won the world cup so I don't think it impacts the voting decision as much as their performance at club level. 

Messi have won world cup at the youth level, finished as 2014 WC best player of the tournament, won the Copa America 2020. He doesn't need a WC this year for him to be remembered as the Goat. I know the WC will impact greatly in the next balloon d'or award, let's see how it goes then.