Register Now
Justin11

Define your epic moment in sports

I am deeply into soccer than any other sports events happening around the world. I don't just focus on football within Europe, I watch African games, American games, Asia/Australian games etc. 

When it comes to epic moments in my whole life watching football, their are much options for me to pick, but I have to pick some that is truly worth remembering. And they're as follows:

* Watching my favourite football club FC Barcelona defeating Chelsea at the last gasps minute during the 2008/2009 UCL semi final match, in which Andres Iniesta fired an audacious shot into the top roof of the net, was an epic moment indeed as a football fan. Barca went on to clinch the title at the expense of Manchester united at Old Trafford (0-2) to complete an historic treble for the calendar year. 

* 2011 semi final UCL match between RMA and FCB at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium was an epic one indeed for me. As I watched Leo Messi grabbing all two late goals to put Barcelona through to the final in style against RMA at their own stadium. 

* 2015 UCL Final that pitied Juve versus Barca was an epic moment, as Leo Messi helped his team by assisting his teammates downing Juve 3-1 at Berlin stadium in Munchen (Germany), which insured another treble campaign, making it double for Barcelona in their entire history, and the first European football club to repeat an historic treble.

* Leo Messi winning the Copa America was at the peak of it's all as an epic moment for me, which helped to silence critics that was tabled to him (Messi) which stated: he'll never win an international trophy fir his beloved country (Argentina), such curse ended last year (2021) as they defeated Brazil at their own home turf (0-1)  to win the Copa edition of 2020. 

Share your epic football moment(s).

1. Troy Deeney's goal vs leicester that got Watford promoted to the Premier League in the last minute after Leicester missed a penalty at the other end
  2. Christiano Ronaldo's overhead kick vs Juventus at Juventus stadium and the whole crowd got up and cheered for Ronaldo. It was truly awesome.
  3. Aaron Ramsey's long range goal with his weak foot vs Galatasaray at Galatasaray's stadium and the crowd cheered for him.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:
  1. Troy Deeney's goal vs leicester that got Watford promoted to the Premier League in the last minute after Leicester missed a penalty at the other end
  2. Christiano Ronaldo's overhead kick vs Juventus at Juventus stadium and the whole crowd got up and cheered for Ronaldo. It was truly awesome.
  3. Aaron Ramsey's long range goal with his weak foot vs Galatasaray at Galatasaray's stadium and the crowd cheered for him.

I didn't get to watch Aaron Ramsey's goal at Galatasaray, but I got the information it was superb. CR7 against Juve in the 2016/2017 UCL season was a perfect goal, I was infuriated not seeing tbe goal or the one from his then teammate 'Gareth Bale not scooping the Pukas award. Instead, Mo. Sallah's goal stood ahead of theirs.  

Watching the Red Wings win the cup in 2008. I was elated seeing that. We haven't taken the cup since then, and we lost a LOT of our best players. Some due to retirement, others due to injury. We even traded a couple of our best, which still pisses me off.

Also the first game I went to was a win for us. It was in the final minutes of the game and we were down by two. But we pulled it out and won.

The second game I went to was on my birthday, and we won that one.

So I've had some good moments with my team.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:35 AM, Justin11 said:

I didn't get to watch Aaron Ramsey's goal at Galatasaray, but I got the information it was superb. CR7 against Juve in the 2016/2017 UCL season was a perfect goal, I was infuriated not seeing tbe goal or the one from his then teammate 'Gareth Bale not scooping the Pukas award. Instead, Mo. Sallah's goal stood ahead of theirs.  

CR7's goal was so good, Zidane still thought he had hair 🤣🤣🤣💀

40 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

CR7's goal was so good, Zidane still thought he had hair 🤣🤣🤣💀

😂, Their is no hair in there. CR7 goal was marvelous and we all celebrated that day, even if I'm not his super fan. 

On 6/17/2022 at 4:57 PM, Justin11 said:

😂, Their is no hair in there. CR7 goal was marvelous and we all celebrated that day, even if I'm not his super fan. 

I'm not CR7's biggest fan either but there's no doubting his impact on the game.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm not CR7's biggest fan either but there's no doubting his impact on the game.

Sure, that goal was superb that very day, even Juve fans watching from the stand gave him a standing ovation. That was the reason they signed him, but unfortunately CR7 didn't live to the billing in which they signed him for. 

12 hours ago, Clasher said:

Robin can persie header has to be one of the most epic and legendary goals or moment I have witnessed live in football during the 2014 world cup.

That's a magnificent flying nodding, it's truly epic that night. And Netherlands went on to win that one in the expense of Spain 5-1. Even though I sided for Spain to win the match, I truly enjoyed RVP's flying headed goal. 

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Another one is Benzema winner vs PSG

I didn't actually see this game live but that goal was a magnificent input from  benzema.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's using your head.

100% efficient, the talent and body control is just beautiful to behold every single time.