Register Now
Justin11

Who will be your next favorite player when your current retires?

When it comes to the world of entertainment we all have our respective role models, and favourites. Sports isn't elusive on that, we have our respective choices when it comes to our favourite player(s). In as much as I love soccer, I love watching Leo Messi in action. 

Currently, Leo  Messi is '35, and nearing retirement, sooner or later he'll hang up his boots. So, what happens when he retires? Many football lovers will choose to fan another shining light. Definitely I'll move on too, and spotting another talent to fan, off and on the pitch. 

My second choice goes to 'Ney, and he's 30', and gradually declining, because as he ages his twilight years fades. My third choice player goes to 'K Mbappe. At least he is young, at '23, still got plenty to offer at the highest level in football. 

In your own favourite sport event, who do you think will be your next favorite player? 

No idea, in fact that can be from 10 years to even 20 years, we going to see new people becoming the next go to sporting people. Maybe I start playing and become so great that people will vote for me 😛 

On 7/6/2022 at 2:17 PM, Clasher said:

My favourite at the moment is Messi, but I still have this special admiration for mbappe and Gabriel Jesus and I believe they have a really promising career ahead.

Gabriel Jesus' is a good player, but I wouldn't go for him when Messi retires. Their is no player I love like Messi, the second on the list is Neymar Jr. And Neymar Jr said he'll be retiring at 37, meaning I'll enjoy him for the next 7 years, which isn't far, maybe Messi can retire two years earlier before him. Mbappe is a shining light, his football gives me joy, his performances in WC 2018 made me love him especially what he did against Argentina in the round of 16' stage. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Gabriel Jesus' is a good player, but I wouldn't go for him when Messi retires. Their is no player I love like Messi, the second on the list is Neymar Jr. And Neymar Jr said he'll be retiring at 37, meaning I'll enjoy him for the next 7 years, which isn't far, maybe Messi can retire two years earlier before him. Mbappe is a shining light, his football gives me joy, his performances in WC 2018 made me love him especially what he did against Argentina in the round of 16' stage. 

Mbappe is a good player and I am also a big fan, I like Gabriel Jesus as well and currently he has over 700 goals to his name, his style of football is great and I am always looking out to see what greater things he could accomplish in the world of football.

45 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Mbappe is a good player and I am also a big fan, I like Gabriel Jesus as well and currently he has over 700 goals to his name, his style of football is great and I am always looking out to see what greater things he could accomplish in the world of football.

Gabriel Jesus' number of goals isn't up to 700 career goals, even Mbappe too, you can Google on that, and surely you'll get more facts. G.Jesus is an excellent player no doubt, he recently signed for Arsenal FC. 

On 7/8/2022 at 1:45 AM, Clasher said:

Gabriel Jesus is massively underrated and when you look up his stats to amount of starts, it's incredible. I feel like he'll thrive under Arteta.

As for my favorite player, it has to be Harry Maguire. He plays for the team I hate the most (Man United), he tackles his teammates, keeps making stupid mistakes and is a Premier League legend for every other team except Man United. Us opposition fans want Maguire to stay forever.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Gabriel Jesus is massively underrated and when you look up his stats to amount of starts, it's incredible. I feel like he'll thrive under Arteta.

Most definitely, i am not that into big names in soccer I like to keep an eye on the upcoming talents and those who aren't given as much recognition as they deserve, I believe with time Gabriel Jesus is going to make his own mark in the world of football and the whole world is then going to appreciate the masterpiece of a player he truly is.

6 hours ago, Clasher said:

Most definitely, i am not that into big names in soccer I like to keep an eye on the upcoming talents and those who aren't given as much recognition as they deserve, I believe with time Gabriel Jesus is going to make his own mark in the world of football and the whole world is then going to appreciate the masterpiece of a player he truly is.

I agree as well - his work ethic, humility and winning mentality will definitely make him thrive. I feel like under Pep, with him constantly rotating his attackers and City's stringent style of play, he didn't quite get to express himself on the field as he'd like to.

Pep Guardiola got it all wrong in last season's UCL semi final match against Real Madrid when the team was leading 0-1 in the night. Only for him to make bizarre changes, taking off KDB, and putting Grealish, couple other below par performance players, which allowed RMA to battle back to win the contest 3-1 which enabled their passage to the final. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Pep Guardiola got it all wrong in last season's UCL semi final match against Real Madrid when the team was leading 0-1 in the night. Only for him to make bizarre changes, taking off KDB, and putting Grealish, couple other below par performance players, which allowed RMA to battle back to win the contest 3-1 which enabled their passage to the final. 

That's true - he thought it was all over with 5 minutes remaining but with Real Madrid, you can't ever count them out and Pep got a reminder of who he was up against.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's true - he thought it was all over with 5 minutes remaining but with Real Madrid, you can't ever count them out and Pep got a reminder of who he was up against.

He didn't realized the Real Madrid team he was against. Maybe he thought, it was the one he played many times when he was then coach of Barcelona, when everything was easier for him, cos Barcà hold on the ball for long and not like city team, whose midfield doesn't hold big opponents long when in possession. 

On 7/15/2022 at 2:44 AM, Justin11 said:

Pep Guardiola got it all wrong in last season's UCL semi final match against Real Madrid when the team was leading 0-1 in the night. Only for him to make bizarre changes, taking off KDB, and putting Grealish, couple other below par performance players, which allowed RMA to battle back to win the contest 3-1 which enabled their passage to the final

I watched the game live and I was a bit pissed by the changes he made, you can't make just any changes in matches as important as that and not against a team like real Madrid in the UCL.