Register Now
JennyorAlice

Hogwarts Legacy

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You’re exactly right. We need to get this thread back on topic. If people want to continue discussing Rowling then it should be posted in the General Discussion forum.

Also last thing on this, I recently heard that real life quidditch is being changed to distance it  from JK Rowling.  I didn't know this, but I guess some schools in the US and elsewhere have their own Quidditch league. They recently changed the game to Quadball. You can read about it here - https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/quidditch-becomes-quadball-leaving-j-k-rowling-behind/ I think that's a good step, and I feel like they're doing that with the movies as well. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

The game is scheduled to be released on December 2022, although they didn't give a specific date for it but just during the holidays with pre orders for the game already available. 

Although, with Harry, Hermione, Ron and the gang going to absent in game which means it's going to be set in 1800s might make me not be too interested in playing. I'm a very big fan of Harry Potter. 

Not far away. And yeah they probably haven't finalized the date just yet. I'm sure with it being Holiday 2022, it'll be closer to early Dec. But I could be wrong. They would be smart to release this as early as possible so that they can capitalize on the holiday season. Would have been better if they release it this November, just so they can captilize on black Friday and all that. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Not far away. And yeah they probably haven't finalized the date just yet. I'm sure with it being Holiday 2022, it'll be closer to early Dec. But I could be wrong. They would be smart to release this as early as possible so that they can capitalize on the holiday season. Would have been better if they release it this November, just so they can captilize on black Friday and all that. 

I kind of agree with you on that because it's going to help and pump the sales of the game if it comes out sooner before the holiday kicks in proper as a lot of gamers would be looking at having it to play during the holidays. 

It's just the same thing the developers of God of War Ragnarok Santa Monica Studio did with having the game to be released as early as 9th November 2022. Avalanche Software can do the same thing with Hogwarts Legacy and it's going  to serve them better. 

On 7/21/2022 at 9:40 AM, Heatman said:

The game is scheduled to be released on December 2022, although they didn't give a specific date for it but just during the holidays with pre orders for the game already available. 

Although, with Harry, Hermione, Ron and the gang going to absent in game which means it's going to be set in 1800s might make me not be too interested in playing. I'm a very big fan of Harry Potter. 

Sounds like a game worthy of playing, I don't really care much about the controversey and would definitely be looking forward to the release of this game.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

Sounds like a game worthy of playing, I don't really care much about the controversey and would definitely be looking forward to the release of this game.

I have watched the game's trailer when it was released because I do follow the game well being a Harry Potter fan but I'm sad he's not going to feature in the game is a huge blow for me. The trailer is quite good even at that. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I have watched the game's trailer when it was released because I do follow the game well being a Harry Potter fan but I'm sad he's not going to feature in the game is a huge blow for me. The trailer is quite good even at that. 

I feel they wanted to make it some what different from what Harry Potter is, though it's about magic and all that.

I am still very much anticipating release of this game.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

I feel they wanted to make it some what different from what Harry Potter is, though it's about magic and all that.

I am still very much anticipating release of this game.

Not really, it's just set before Harry Potter was introduced into the picture, that's the only difference there but I'm sure it's going to be an interesting one.

I might end up playing it anyways as I'm not ruling it out completely. 

On 7/22/2022 at 4:20 AM, Heatman said:

I kind of agree with you on that because it's going to help and pump the sales of the game if it comes out sooner before the holiday kicks in proper as a lot of gamers would be looking at having it to play during the holidays. 

It's just the same thing the developers of God of War Ragnarok Santa Monica Studio did with having the game to be released as early as 9th November 2022. Avalanche Software can do the same thing with Hogwarts Legacy and it's going  to serve them better. 

Honestly it coming out sooner would be better, they could have taken more advantage of the Black Friday shopping season by having it drop a bit earlier, a bit before the holiday rush. Just so they can get into the stores earlier. But in December it's a bit late. Could still sell like crazy, I just think it'd sell better if it was to be released before that holiday rush. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Honestly it coming out sooner would be better, they could have taken more advantage of the Black Friday shopping season by having it drop a bit earlier, a bit before the holiday rush. Just so they can get into the stores earlier. But in December it's a bit late. Could still sell like crazy, I just think it'd sell better if it was to be released before that holiday rush. 

Avalanche Software have been in the business for a while now and I'm very sure that they know well how marketing and game's release time works with helping it's sales volume. They would most likely do what favors them most. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

Not really, it's just set before Harry Potter was introduced into the picture, that's the only difference there but I'm sure it's going to be an interesting one.

I might end up playing it anyways as I'm not ruling it out completely. 

I didn't get the full story, so Hogwarts happened before Harry Potter was in existence or became a wizard.

If that's the case then it's not an Harry Potter game as I have read from other previous comments on this thread.

On 7/26/2022 at 9:26 AM, Clasher said:

I didn't get the full story, so Hogwarts happened before Harry Potter was in existence or became a wizard.

If that's the case then it's not an Harry Potter game as I have read from other previous comments on this thread.

Hogwarts have been existing before Harry Potter was born. The Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was founded in the 10th century by two wizards and two witches. They were Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff and Salazar Slytherin. So, the game is definitely getting set at their time before Harry Potter came into the picture. 

Edited by Heatman

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

Hogwarts have been existing before Harry Potter was born. The Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was founded in the 10th century by two wizards and two witches. They were Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff and Salazar Slytherin. So, the game is definitely getting set at their time before Harry Potter came into the picture. 

Okay.

So I shouldn't expect an Harry Potter appearance in the game because it was set in an era before Harry Potter existed.

I like those wizardry effects In movies so I think this could be a video game I would enjoy.

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

So I shouldn't expect an Harry Potter appearance in the game because it was set in an era before Harry Potter existed.

Yes, Harry Potter wouldn't be showing up in Hogwarts Legacy as its set in the 1800s before the time period of J.k Rowling's original stories. 

Yeah my guess is that Harry Potter and other original characters won't appear in this game. Maybe some of the professors or whatever, but I don't see Harry Potter appealing in anyway. Maybe in terms of past stories and stuff, but not in actual form if that makes sense. 

On 8/1/2022 at 7:52 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah my guess is that Harry Potter and other original characters won't appear in this game. Maybe some of the professors or whatever, but I don't see Harry Potter appealing in anyway. Maybe in terms of past stories and stuff, but not in actual form if that makes sense. 

I have been clarified by Heatman that Harry Potter won't appear in Hogwarts legacy because the story was set at a time before the era of Harry Potter.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:52 PM, Kane99 said:

There's a good chance that so many other professors would appear in the game especially some of them that taught Harry Potter. At least, I'm sure that Professor Albus Dumbledore would feature in it. Although, I might be wrong though.